Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

PC build: what would you build?

3080ti shouldn't be too far away.

Will keep an eye on this direct memory access shennanigans and see how it looks and prices change in another 6 months when all the hardcore gamers stop fighting over the new cards.

Gonna build another box out of decent last gen spare bits to tardme, if anyone wants a 4790k. 

Whats the internet say about the pricing of this - https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/computers/desktops/no-monitor/listing/2932056600 ?

Its cheaper than the others on there, but I think the other listings are dreaming. Just relisted it with 13 watchers and no bids. 

To me it seems reasonable package at $700 but depends on what the buyer is wanting it for. I think the cpu\mobo\ram should sell without too much trouble at a little lower price. The rest doesn't have much value to me unless you want another machine to use as is. 

Someone playing modern higher end games that wants squeeze some more out of it, is going to have to drop ~1k on a new gfx card and a few hundy on a better PSU to handle it. Not so appealing from that stand point given you may as well spend a bit more and get a newer cpu.

I bought my 2nd hand 4790k and Asus Ranger VII for $500 in '14.

• Like 1

Overall still a good machine but looks dated with that big ol case and unappealing to the kids these days who are looking for something “cool” aka RGB. And usually the 10-15 year old kids’ parents are looking for something cheap and within budget for fortnite gaming so u have to market it for that with simple plain english imo. 

if you part it out should easily get $500. 
cpu mobo ram 300, gpu 150, psu 50, case 20 etc

Yep market it as a cheap Fortnight machine.

• Like 1

Not much point selling it for less than $500, Ill just convert it into media box to replace Pi running Kodi or something. 

Yeah that is what I did.  Garage PC.