Sign in to follow this  
lemusa

Can't book recall for airbag!

I'm trying to book in for the airbag recall. I believe it's been sorted by previous owner however I got a letter. Anyway I can't get past the service selection page on the website. It just sits there loading in a frozen like state. I've tried multiple browsers. Anyone else had this issue? Guess I'll have to call them...1268237344_Screenshot2020-10-29203041.thumb.png.c211e292592b0afd5102633bfadf91fc.png

Call them. The personal touch is almost always a good thing.

Booked mine maybe 2 years ago. Never heard back from them ( other than an automated email saying someone will get in contact with me).

Just got another letter last week.. javent bothered trying to sort it.

I went round in circles for ages. There was some quirk with their website i eventually figured out, but I forget what it was. Never heard from them.

Wow that's not the response I was expecting. I assumed BMW service would be top notch.

The Ranger had a recall on an undertray not long after I got it and Team Hutchison Ford contacted me within days of receiving the letter to let me know that parts were still being manufactured and they would call me once available. A while after they rang me to book it in and offered me a range of dates which varied from a few days to a few weeks out depending on whether I needed a courtesy car or not. In the end I chose a date that coincided with the service window and killed two birds. Couldn't of been easier.

7 hours ago, lemusa said:

Wow that's not the response I was expecting. I assumed BMW service would be top notch. 

Not had a problem with the service! I always give them a call, and things proceed the way you describe. 

• Like 1

Had similar issues and ended up in email discussions with BMW NZ who were really interested in trying to get the website issue sorted. Yeah right!

They put me in touch with my local dealer who told me they didn’t have parts available just then and that they would be in touch as soon as they did. This was for the airbag recall. 

18 months later I get another letter from BMW about another different recall. This time I phoned the dealer. They didn’t have parts for the airbag recall at that point but could do the other. I lost the plot a little. I got booked in within 2 weeks and it’s now sorted. 

I would say phone the local dealer and don’t be fobbed off. 

BMW owner starts forum thread rather than telephoning local service department. ?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Olaf said:

BMW owner starts forum thread rather than telephoning local service department. ?

Yes I'm a mad man. Posting a general discussion thread about a BMW recall, in a general discussion board, on a BMW orientated forum ? Dealer isn't open at 8pm... 

• Haha 3

Weird - earlier this year I got half way through an online form and didn't complete it.

They called me on the Monday and got me booked in - service was exceptional IMO.

I don't blame them for the web system being the way it is, the amount of spam that goes to the system will overwhelm a lot of screening systems and legitimate requests do end up in the bin,. my web request did end up in a similar manner, only to get an email 2 weeks later. Calling up or emailing the dealership directly would be the way to go, responses are prompt and people are good. 

I'm still waiting for a part to arrive for my recall.  A part that you can buy from ANY BMW parts website around the world.

I can't wait to be mucked around by BMW Wellington again.

I think it has been around 4 or so months now.  Bet they charged BMW for it though.

@Driftit my story is exactly the same - even down to having my car in the workshop all morning to tell me that they didn't have the part and didn't know when it would be in.

They have to be ripping BMW off.  Doubling up on what they can bill for.

Not possible with the way any warranty system works, they get just as annoyed with lack of parts as anyone 

• Like 2