Sign in to follow this  
leichtbau

Wiiiiide BBS LM's

@leichtbau

They sold for $1100...  And I only realized this morning when I went to place a bid that two of the wheels are missing their bolts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Driftit said:

@leichtbau

They sold for $1100...  And I only realized this morning when I went to place a bid that two of the wheels are missing their bolts.

also go back and look at the pictures.. you'll see the centers have also been bored out...

lol - possibly the worst deal of the century.

4 hours ago, Arron said:

also go back and look at the pictures.. you'll see the centers have also been bored out...

Not an issue in my eyes

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

lol - possibly the worst deal of the century.

How so? Sell the tyres and the 10j which will more than cover your refurb costs and got yourself a deal 

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Not an issue in my eyes

How so? Sell the tyres and the 10j which will more than cover your refurb costs and got yourself a deal 

Seriously?

What do you think you'd get for "old race wets"? About $0 unless some flat cap, stance burnout kid wants them for $50 (if you're lucky).

How long to you think it would take to sell a single 10j unmatched wheel? Months? Years? Forever? Is it even straight?

And then you are left with 4 wheels that don't match and one is effectively destroyed so you'd need to find another outer rim or pay what to "fix" and balance it?

I'm not sure what you're seeing that I'm not but that pile is not worth a grand+ in my eyes. You're better off with a set of straight reps.

The 10j would sell reasonably quick i would think, i think all LM barrels are the same so someone would grab it as a spare no doubt. Buying 2nd hand wheels are a risk as who knows what they have been through so by your logic, new reps are better than 2nd genuine as they will be straight

$200 was the price I got to have it repaired 

• Like 2

These would have been going on my race car.  I would not have trusted a repair job.  I was going to replace the barrel.
I would say these wheels are the spares/damaged wheels from a race car.  Hence their poor condition.

BBS tax collection has taken place on this auction.

• Like 1