Sign in to follow this  
qube

KIWI1M

Im sure that was posted here recently for about 70k?

1 hour ago, Matth5 said:

The For Sale thread on this seems to have been deleted too. 

Yeah it was.  Just a few days ago.  Up around 20K since then.

1 hour ago, balancerider said:

Well over M2 / F80 M3 money. would rather have the S55 thanks.

Yup would much rather have an M2.  This poor thing looks like it will spend it's life in a garage.

Unfortunately the "collector" status put on these cars means that a lot of them will sit in a garage to appreciate in value. (despite not even being a "true" M engine car as it has the N54)

I would also much prefer an M2 but still a lot of money for an N55 engine car.

The F80 M3 dropping in value means it will be much more accessible soon.

M2Comp would be my favourite but still way too expensive.

Believe those two sapphire black 1Ms are different examples - albeit offered by the same dealer, Manawatu BMW.  The previous example (then HNQ984) had covered 35,000 kms, while the current offering 'KIWI 1M' has done a low 22,000kms. Strange coincidence. 

On 11/4/2020 at 3:32 PM, qube said:

I would also much prefer an M2 but still a lot of money for an N55 engine car.

Remember it's not your regular N55. Some upgraded internals including the oiling system to make it track-ready. 
https://www.bmwblog.com/2016/07/28/bmw-made-n55-even-better-m2/

But yeah, the S55 is still even better... 

4 hours ago, integrale said:

Believe those two sapphire black 1Ms are different examples - albeit offered by the same dealer, Manawatu BMW.  The previous example (then HNQ984) had covered 35,000 kms, while the current offering 'KIWI 1M' has done a low 22,000kms. Strange coincidence. 

Im 80% sure the one im talking about had the KIWI1M plate too...

19 minutes ago, KwS said:

Im 80% sure the one im talking about had the KIWI1M plate too...

The one that some of us would have seen listed for sale on the forum not long ago was definitely KIWI1M and correlates to the one I posted a photo of in this original post by BMW Manawatu.

Not sure what HNQ984 is, must be a different example.

• Like 1

Wayback machine worth a check? Fairly savvy of them to delete the thread wasn't it.

Hmm we prob should have the For Sale section locked so you need a mod to delete a thread.  Makes it a good archive.  At the moment it is like BookFace.  A black hole that sucks up info and destroys it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Driftit said:

Hmm we prob should have the For Sale section locked so you need a mod to delete a thread.  Makes it a good archive.  At the moment it is like BookFace.  A black hole that sucks up info and destroys it.

I thought mods/admins could see deleted threads and posts?

18 hours ago, qube said:

The one that some of us would have seen listed for sale on the forum not long ago was definitely KIWI1M and correlates to the one I posted a photo of in this original post by BMW Manawatu.

Not sure what HNQ984 is, must be a different example.

Sorry. I was referring to the two similar black 1Ms offered by the same dealer in quick succession. The first was registered HNQ984 (now on a private plate).  I now realise this thread concerns the second car (KIWI1M) being flipped. Must have been quick  - I keep my eyes open for them (1Ms) but didn't ever spot it on here. 

It was only listed for a few days max on here and on trademe IIRC then disappeared into the vortex then popped out the other end from manawatu bmw

Thanks for the explanation.

Dealer presumably emboldened by shifting the first car quickly at good money ($89,990 asking price). But, out of curiosity, where does an asking price of $92,790 get plucked from. Very precise number (and very optimistic).

Maybe its cost plus % or maybe pulled it out of the backside where the sun dont shine. 

17 hours ago, KwS said:

I thought mods/admins could see deleted threads and posts?

Prob an Admin feature.  I can't see anything.

Hidden threads can be viewed by Admin, but if it’s deleted then it’s gone, AFAIK.