Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

E30 4-Stud to 5-Stud Adaptor Plates.

Has anyone on here had any experience of using the adaptor plates that convert the E30 4x100 hub over to a 5x120 hub? I have thought these were sketchy as hell, mostly becuase one of the 5x120 studs seemed to be in a seperate piece to the rest of the adaptor plate as the hole was in the same place as one of the 4x100 holes.

Thinking of using them as a short term / cheap solution until I can get all the pieces of a "proper" 5-stud conversion in place for the race car.

I did manage to find some E30 specific ones on the internet, so they are hubcentric and have the correct hub-sizing to locate accurately off the E30 hub and also a hub on the other side for the 5x120 wheels with E36/E46 centre bore that I have got to go on the car. So slightly less sketchy but just wondered if there was first hand experience out there..?

These things, if it helps work out what I mean...

5 Stud.PNG

While I don't have any first hand experience with them, I did look into them for a while as a way to run 5 stud wheels occasionally without having to mess with the steering geometry etc.

As 16in style 5s look great:

2020-BMW-E30-Touring-M50b25-for-Speedhunters-by-Paddy-McGrath-5.jpg

From what I can tell, those particular ones are the ones to go for, and numerous people on R3V run them, and I see a bunch of lads also using them in Aus. 
This is the main R3V thread which I'm sure you've flicked through already: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/e30-classified-forums/for-sale-wanted/wheels-tires-for-sale-wanted/333379-4x100-5x120-4x100-5x114-3-cheapest-on-the-market-~-e30sports-com?t=364335&page=8

I have flipped back to just staying fully 4 stud, and running larger brakes, but just as likely to change my mind again in another few months. 

• Thanks 1

I did see some today on the world of facebook that uses grub screws to bolt them into the hub rather than that separate for one of the studs, trying to locate the post now

If you use instagram his user name is @e30Europarts or if you use facebook they were posted on the r3vlimited page

Edited by WYZEUP