Sign in to follow this  
DonB123

New Member - 2015 M4

Hi All

New to this site, just traded in the 2014 C63 for a 2015 M4.....night and day between them. Have only seen 1 other black M4 in Wellington, wonder how many others there are?

I am keen on adding 12mm spacers to wheels and a lip, side skirts and diffuser at some stage. Any advice on where to get good quality non-OEM parts would be appreciated. 

Cheers

M4.1.jpg

M4.2.jpg

• Like 7

Nice. How do you find it compared to the C63?

For non-OEM parts... all I know is don't buy any of the non-branded ones on Trademe. They're re-selling aliexpress crap for twice the price, and offer nothing of value in terms of quality control or anything for it, you may as well take the risk yourself if going that route. You can see me wasting my time with it in the thread above. 

Carbonwurks is one I've been considering for a diffuser and CS style lip. Autotecknic is apparently good as well. But I'm worried I'll scrape the super expensive lip, and the diffuser... well I just wrapped my stock one black and now I'm happy enough with that look :) 
Also with a CF diffuser, it blocks the feature where you open the boot by waving your foot under the hood, I like that feature... 

For a spoiler, if you're considering one, just go OEM. Anything less than perfection will be too visible here. ML Performance UK ships to NZ at a decent rate. 

Also get the software updated if you haven't already (or if you aren't already going aftermarket with XHP/THOR whatever). The 2020 software is much improved over 2015 - better electronic diff tuning for better handling and DCT gearbox tuning is better refined. 

Edited by Matth5

hi nice car, hope to meet up with you on a club run oneday  :)

23 hours ago, Matth5 said:

Nice. How do you find it compared to the C63?

For non-OEM parts... all I know is don't buy any of the non-branded ones on Trademe. They're re-selling aliexpress crap for twice the price, and offer nothing of value in terms of quality control or anything for it, you may as well take the risk yourself if going that route. You can see me wasting my time with it in the thread above. 

Carbonwurks is one I've been considering for a diffuser and CS style lip. Autotecknic is apparently good as well. But I'm worried I'll scrape the super expensive lip, and the diffuser... well I just wrapped my stock one black and now I'm happy enough with that look :) 
Also with a CF diffuser, it blocks the feature where you open the boot by waving your foot under the hood, I like that feature... 

For a spoiler, if you're considering one, just go OEM. Anything less than perfection will be too visible here. ML Performance UK ships to NZ at a decent rate. 

Also get the software updated if you haven't already (or if you aren't already going aftermarket with XHP/THOR whatever). The 2020 software is much improved over 2015 - better electronic diff tuning for better handling and DCT gearbox tuning is better refined. 

Hiya. 
the M4 is a massive upgrade from the C63. Loved the raw V8 and the front end on it, but compared to the M4, its like driving a tractor. 
will take your advice about the body kits, I’m OCD like you mate, would annoy the hell out of me if things didn’t fit right.

im keen on the software upgrade, who does this in Wellington? 

Edited by DonB123

23 hours ago, DIX8 said:

hi nice car, hope to meet up with you on a club run oneday  :)

Loving it!  Hopefully see u around on a run too. 

Welcome @DonB123 and congrats on the M4!

Hardly ever see M4s around Welly - my old mate Darren had one until he switched to an R8...

That said, there is a M4 GTS here in the Club :o :) 

25 minutes ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Welcome @DonB123 and congrats on the M4!

Hardly ever see M4s around Welly - my old mate Darren had one until he switched to an R8...

That said, there is a M4 GTS here in the Club :o :) 

Would be keen as to have a look at the GTS!! 

2 hours ago, DonB123 said:

im keen on the software upgrade, who does this in Wellington? 

I just had the dealer do it. I think it was about $160. Ought to be free but whatever.

Although if you're not tied to a dealer warranty... maybe you're better off going aftermarket. Then you can get the CS software and tune. 

I wouldn't rush for any more power than that, IMO these cars are nicely balanced at stock power levels. 

Interesting thoughts about the C63 haha. I guess that's mainly since you feel the extra weight. I'd still love to try one some day. 

Edited by Matth5

Have a nosey for aftermarket parts on Ebay uk bruv? or alternatively give my mate Mike Gwilliam from motorsports composites a buzz. he might have some moulds kicking around, you can find his page on Facebook "motorsport composites" 

I'd build some but my workshops not ready just yet?

Screenshot_20201118-091335_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Full-Send