Driftit

Multiple Bulb failure warnings but no bulbs out

So I had leant my car to my brother in law for a couple of weeks.  While he was driving it he got a warning that a headlight was out.  He checked and it was indeed out.  He ran around with one headlight for the time.

I chucked in some cheap Trademe HID bulbs and I have to admit I never checked the warnings afterwards.  However starting it up the next day I get a heap or warnings.

A8B3    FRM: Direction indicator, rear right, faulty    frm_70
A8C0    FRM: Rear fog light/adaptive brake light, right, faulty    frm_70
A8B0    FRM: Direction indicator, front left, faulty    frm_70

Checked the lights and none of the them are out.

Cleared the codes from the FRM but they returned at next ignition on.

Pulled the rear right bulbs out and they seem fine.  They are however the original Osram bulbs.

Have my cheap HID's caused an issue?  Or is my FRM being a dick?  Or maybe the bulbs are all just ready to be replaced?

Remove the HID's, clear the errors and see if they come back?

Obviously you'll get headlight errors but if fog and indicator lights don't error again you've found the culprit.

• Like 1

Smells like f**kered FRM

• Like 1

sh*t.  FRM is fooked.

Pulled the bulbs - Errors Stayed

Changed the bulbs - Errors stayed

FRM doesn't detect main bulbs are not there.

High beam is no longer working.

This is going to be fun.  Going to have a look at the board first.  Some people have had success with cleaning off corrosion.  This vehicle is an outside car at the moment.  So could be the culprit.  Otherwise new FRM.

• Sad 1

@promo is your friendly local FRM magician

• Thanks 1

give me a buzz, easy to recover. generally happens when the battery is old or draining corrupts frm. I have tools to reflash and recover. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, promo said:

give me a buzz, easy to recover. generally happens when the battery is old or draining corrupts frm. I have tools to reflash and recover. 

Awesome cheers man.  Battery is less than a year old but I feel like it is not as healthy as it could be.

Where are you located?

hello, im located in wellington

I have something very similar. 

multiple bulb warnings but all appear to be working normally except indicators which a flashing faster than normal. 

Obviously with lockdown I can’t take it to the garage so wondering if it is ok to use in the meantime? 

I have the same issue guys and came across your post. Were you able to fix it with FRM repair?

I have an OBD cable and was trying to fix with short circuit reset but not sure I did it correctly with Tool32..

13 hours ago, Sventastic said:

I have the same issue guys and came across your post. Were you able to fix it with FRM repair?

I have an OBD cable and was trying to fix with short circuit reset but not sure I did it correctly with Tool32..

Have you checked to ensure your FRM isn't wet, or has tell-tale signs of being wet?