Sign in to follow this  
Neal

E46 M3 insurance values

Just doing a renewal on  insurance for my E46 M3. It’s a 2002 SMG with almost every option and sits at 175k. It’s had BMW servicing since I brought i48k.

Insurance company suggests $28k but I suspect it should be mid to high 30s

What are others insuring theirE46  M3s for ?

E4335953-6A9B-4FE5-935D-E89947A730AB.jpeg

i got in touch with a valuer as suggested on here. He wasn't aware of a some recent sales, (and was more hyped on some recent e36 sales). 

I basically got him to say how high he would go, and he was at $30k for what is essentially the same spec. He is not going to add value for the valuing adding maintenance. 

I have mine at $30 agreed - but agree that it would likely sell for more. I am with Star and is restricted to less than 15km p.a. 

Be keen to hear other's views...

• Thanks 1

If its for insurance purposes, a valuation would be your best bet. A lot of 'small print' in most 'agreed value' insurance policies.

If you're curious on its market value, condition and big ticket maintenance would factor but SMG would probably keep it around $30k.

I would think high 30s to low 40s would need to be for a lower km manual post 2003 in more of a 'hero' colour.

• Thanks 1

The big sale that comes to mind was that red one which was over 150km and mid $40s (!) 

It was presented and marketed well, but wasn't really anything 'special' over an above other vehicles. An outlier sale perhaps? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, m325i said:

The big sale that comes to mind was that red one which was over 150km and mid $40s (!) 

It was presented and marketed well, but wasn't really anything 'special' over an above other vehicles. An outlier sale perhaps? 

Could be simply a matter of someone with a few $$$ who really wanted a red one? That car was stunning though.

Other recent higher value sales were the Bimmersport Phoenix yellow one which was far from stock which probably went for close to $40k and that lowish km black one on the Trade Me thread that had a dollar reserve but was withdrawn from Trade Me with bidding in the late 30's.

imo, the insurance should cover the true cost of what it would take to replace it like for like (and if not as close as possible).

3 hours ago, m325i said:

I also have it on good authority that the Imola Red one went for mid 40's. Still feel like that was a bit of an outlier though.

There was also the mint 02 Steel Grey M3 with CSL wheels advertised for high 30's from memory which disappeared quickly. Maybe someone can confirm that sale...? I thought that one was very fairly priced, if not a bit light.

Edited by JohnM575

The one with the red leather interior? Was for sale about six months too early for me, but yea, early 30’s and went quickly. 

Another steel grey one on KW V3’s and factory 18’s went for early 30’s too, also well priced.