Sign in to follow this  
BMTHUG

2005 plus diesel vehicle for commuting. BMW only

As the title states. I'm after either a e82 123d (hopeful), e90 320d,330d,335d or a e60 530d or 535d for sale. Not fussed on high kms if there's good service history. NZ new preferred. Ideally something that can do 900 plus ks on a tank of diesel. Let me know what's out there or what you have. My daily is potentially going to be written off. Can travel the North or south island for the right deal. 

Contact 02102916373 

SJ

Edited by BMTHUG
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

There is that grey 123d E87 in Wellington for $8K.

I was looking at it but don't need it just yet.

• Like 1

But halogens... 

And how can they be worth the same as a 130? 😮

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, balancerider said:

@Jacko Am I right in thinking Xenon's would be the single most expensive option on an E87?

LSD I'd guess but Adaptive Xenon's would be up there.

• Like 1

Unfortunately most of the diesel e8x series come with no xenons. In fact I am yet to find one that has xenons as factory. Its been a struggle but we're there I think. I found an 07 LCI 530d with an impressive list of options. Motorsport etc and adaptive xenons to boot. I am flying to Wellington this Friday to pick it up. @Andy E30is going to check it out for me. I paid the guy a deposit already so hopefully it pans out. Ex UK car but has been in nz since 2010 and had 50k on it when it got here. Now doing 124ks. Hopefully it's as good as the fella says. 

Edited by BMTHUG
  • Like 1

Just tagged the wrong andy

Whoops 

14 hours ago, BMTHUG said:

Unfortunately most of the diesel e8x series come with no xenons. In fact I am yet to find one that has xenons as factory. Its been a struggle but we're there I think. I found an 07 LCI 530d with an impressive list of options. Motorsport etc and adaptive xenons to boot. I am flying to Wellington this Friday to pick it up. @Andy E30is going to check it out for me. I paid the guy a deposit already so hopefully it pans out. Ex UK car but has been in nz since 2010 and had 50k on it when it got here. Now doing 124ks. Hopefully it's as good as the fella says. 

I think I saw this one, it was looking very good with the updated LCI gearbox and nicely optioned. was going to forward it to you but didnt get around to it but glad you managed to find it! should be an awesome car. fingers crossed!

• Like 1

I enjoyed my E60 530d.  Though I never got to drive it.  Ended up being the wifes.  Wouldn't mind an LCI.  But unless I am towing the figures are not much better than an F10 535i.  Waiting for @GorGasm to sell me his :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qube said:

I think I saw this one, it was looking very good with the updated LCI gearbox and nicely optioned. was going to forward it to you but didnt get around to it but glad you managed to find it! should be an awesome car. fingers crossed!

yeah man at 10k I feel it's good buying. I couldn't say no! I'm excited to get it. a bit more practical than a coupe for a daily as well. Just incase the wife needs to use it and it's easier to get the car seat into etc plus a lot more creature comforts than the 1 series :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

I enjoyed my E60 530d.  Though I never got to drive it.  Ended up being the wifes.  Wouldn't mind an LCI.  But unless I am towing the figures are not much better than an F10 535i.  Waiting for @GorGasm to sell me his :D

I have never driven a 530d in all honesty, drove the 535d and the m5. so will see how it goes!  Get him to sell it to you asap 

Gonna be hanging on to the 535i for some time.  What would I upgrade to? It's pretty frugal and nimble for a 2 tonne wagon.  8-11l/100k.

The 130i was in better condition, the 535i has a few curb scrapes and the imperial blue brilliant effect paint is a shocker for swirling, worse than black.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, leichtbau said:

That interior is a massive no for me.  Nothing worse than a light colored interior when you work on cars often and use it to tow your race car.  But other than that is looks great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

That interior is a massive no for me.  Nothing worse than a light colored interior when you work on cars often and use it to tow your race car.  But other than that is looks great.

I feel you on this. As an automotive technician, I simply cannot have a light coloured interior in my daily vehicle. Insurance has offered for me to buy my vehicle back for 500 dollars. I may consider it.

That's a nice example, and a reasonable deal.  To be honest the light interior isn't too bad.  It certainly shows up a few brown marks but mainly on the plastics rather than the leather.

Perhaps it would be different if you wore new denim jeans with automotive grease on them?

The F10/F11 also feels more like a Mercedes than a BMW to drive I think.  They are very big and floaty with light steering.  They do go around corners very well, especially with the 4WS, but they don't feel anything like an E87 for example.

Edited by GorGasm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GorGasm said:

Totally off topic I know, but this is one of the coolest wagons I have seen from BMW for some time.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2865656305?bof=PBxGCGeC

oooo that is beautiful. I do like 

Joe Achilles has just reviewed the LCI version on youtube. 5.2sec 0-100 pretty impressive for a 2 ton single turbo diesel. I wish they made the 540d in RHD, the Alpina D5 is sedan-only.

• Like 1