Sign in to follow this  
hawk188

2013 M135i - can't tell if run flats or not..

Picked this 'little' beauty up and no obvious markings or indication if tyres are run flats :( The guys at BridgeStone can't tell either .. There is no spare tyre nor repair kit either .. should it be running on run flats or not - advice please experts .. thanks in advance :)

20201123_133005A.jpg

20201123_133149A.jpg

They normally come with the Bridgestone S001 run-flats from factory from memory, no spare or tools is a good indication too so good chance they are RF? No model number or anything on the tyres? 

Thanks Navin. Two front tyres are Dunlop and the back Michelin - all in good condition. Took it to Bridgestone thinking to replace with the S00?? but they cant figure out if its RF LOL... is your M135i on RF or normal tyres btw.. thanks again :) 

PS : No RSC marking to indicate its run flat... so maybe std tyres I'm thinking ...

Edited by hawk188
add comments

I don't have a M135i now but did have an E82 135i previously which came on run flats. I swapped them out for non run flat Michelin PS4's almost immediately and never looked back.  I was seriously considering a M135i before buying my e82 and looked at quite a few at the time which all were on run flats. 

If you're really wanting run flats I'd highly recommend Michelin PS4 ZP's(zero pressure). I've got them on my current G20 and they're so much better than than the Bridgestone run flats both with grip and ride comfort. 

• Like 1

Michelin Super Sports (non run flat) are the OEM tire on those rims I believe. Good rep although I gather longevity is not their strong suit.

• Like 1

post close up photos of your tyres or type our every word on it and we can tell you if it is a RFT or not.

Either way, its absolutely your choice if you want to run RFT or go for normal tyres and have roadside assist/tyre goo in the boot.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Navin said:

I don't have a M135i now but did have an E82 135i previously which came on run flats. I swapped them out for non run flat Michelin PS4's almost immediately and never looked back.  I was seriously considering a M135i before buying my e82 and looked at quite a few at the time which all were on run flats. 

If you're really wanting run flats I'd highly recommend Michelin PS4 ZP's(zero pressure). I've got them on my current G20 and they're so much better than than the Bridgestone run flats both with grip and ride comfort. 

Thanks Navin ! From the advice given seems ok to go non RF .. I dont particularly like RF as my wife's 118i has RF and quite noisy and hard ride. So I'm going to put on non RF .. cheers for the reply :)

10 hours ago, balancerider said:

Michelin Super Sports (non run flat) are the OEM tire on those rims I believe. Good rep although I gather longevity is not their strong suit.

Cheers for the info balancerider :) I'm gonna go non RF....

7 hours ago, qube said:

post close up photos of your tyres or type our every word on it and we can tell you if it is a RFT or not.

Either way, its absolutely your choice if you want to run RFT or go for normal tyres and have roadside assist/tyre goo in the boot.

Hi qube - thanks for the info :) Seems safe to go non RF so gonna put on non RF next... Thanks for the advice !!