Sign in to follow this  
promo

Wanting - BMW 530d N57 Motor

Hi All, 

I currently have a 2010 BMW 530d (N57) and looking for long block or complete motor. PM if you know where one is :)

thanks

• Sad 1

When we needed one two years ago for a customer, there was nothing available second had or new from BMW. The customer ended up cutting his loss and sold it to SD European and moved on. Hope you have better luck.

• Thanks 1

Have you been able to come up with a solution yet Pramod ?

Hey,

Think I'll be getting it reconditioned, I recently got my other n57 535d reconditioned for $4k. I did find one but the guy wants $3k for a long block. 

Just be careful if you go second hand with these. Bell housings and sumps can be different. This is what we and BM Workshop in Grey Lynn found and BMW couldn't help with a new one at the time.

• Thanks 1

Yup, N57 motor was in service for a long time, in many different guises and models all of which have slight variations.

Depending on what is wrong with the current motor you might be able to mix and match parts from other versions, but it would require lots of cross checking on ETK.

• Thanks 1