Sign in to follow this  
Moupe

SOLD: Brand New Michelin Pilot Super Sport 18" Tyres

SOLD! :)

Set of brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres (literally only done 15km on them).

BMW Star rated.

Paid $1967 for them but selling for $1500 ONO.

Sizes: 2 x 225/45R18 and 2 x 255/40R18

Auckland pickup only (although could potentially do courier if organised by buyer).

Reason for sale: not happy with how they fit on my 18" rims. Front has a mild stretched look (I prefer square sidewalls). So moving up a size.

4A30A671-82FD-4619-BDFE-9A38AD12F0CC.thumb.jpeg.3b69f056cbf26106dcd3b5016bd9ba0c.jpeg
ABC3D63B-49DD-473F-BB46-C999F585B91E.thumb.jpeg.a4b2b7ca7ca560f75115cd4fb663f295.jpeg

received_697623070867818~2.jpeg

received_200422831529808~2.jpeg

Edited by Moupe
Sold

Hi mate could you post some side on pics to see the stretched look you are talking about?

Sure thing. Photos attached.

3E981029-281A-4512-8BD0-16D8A8A11F3C.jpeg

1B0F6DF0-6447-4EAC-AC5F-1190E54A49DB.jpeg

AB84156C-F1BB-4F9B-B053-81231F96A37B.jpeg

Price reduced to $1600

Note that the tyres are also listed on Trade Me but at the original price (would prefer to sell directly through here to a forum member :))

Edited by Moupe

I have a pair of 265/40/18 if you’re interested? 2018 manufacture and 5mm+ Michelin pss same like yours 

2 minutes ago, qube said:

I have a pair of 265/40/18 if you’re interested? 2018 manufacture and 5mm+ Michelin pss same like yours 

Thank you! I saw your post but the profile was too high. I went 265/35R18 and 235/40R18 in the end.

• Like 1

Bump. Price reduced to $1500

On 12/11/2020 at 11:33 AM, Moupe said:

Thank you! I saw your post but the profile was too high. I went 265/35R18 and 235/40R18 in the end.

And that is because the tyres you are now selling are perfect fitment for the Z4M chassis  and 224 wheels, going 234/45 at the front on a standard suspended car results in a rub on the inner. Pity you did the same dropping down to 35 section at the back. Hey ho these cars are a constant learning curve, actually thinking about it 10mm spacers on the front would have alleviated the problem., and allowed you to keep to the correct profiles 45 front 40 rear, and allowed the upsize to 235.

Edited by Bandit

On 1/8/2021 at 8:16 PM, Bandit said:

And that is because the tyres you are now selling are perfect fitment for the Z4M chassis  and 224 wheels, going 234/45 at the front on a standard suspended car results in a rub on the inner. Pity you did the same dropping down to 35 section at the back. Hey ho these cars are a constant learning curve, actually thinking about it 10mm spacers on the front would have alleviated the problem., and allowed you to keep to the correct profiles 45 front 40 rear, and allowed the upsize to 235.

Hey Bandit. I'm not sure where you were going with this post? The fitment I went for was 235/40R18 and 265/35R18. Extensive research (after not being happy with the "stretched" look of the front tyre) suggested that this is has been a pretty common non-stock size fitment for the Z4 M Coupe. There is no rubbing at all so no need for spacers :)

I'm super happy with the set up and how she handles now. Definitely an improvement.

The only downside is that my speedo is off by around 2.8% percent (reads faster).

Edited by Moupe

On 1/19/2021 at 6:22 PM, Moupe said:

Massively discounted! I need these out of the garage...

Damn, if these were the correct profile for me I'd be all over them, I need 225/40 and 255/35.

Sharp price for the right car, GLWS.

• Like 1

Yeah, they are a weird sized tyre alright :P

13 hours ago, Moupe said:

Yeah, they are a weird sized tyre alright :P

Hi J, shame you’ve just bought the 235’s . Similar situation to yourself, bought the 235 x40 x 18 ps4 Michelin for my new apex wheels on my E85 but they rubbed ever so slightly on the inner liner  under compression due to the wheel offset. Done about 30 k’s so as new. Just fitted 225’s  and perfect and will allow me to lower the car as planned. 

13 hours ago, M3AN said:

Damn, if these were the correct profile for me I'd be all over them, I need 225/40 and 255/35.

Sharp price for the right car, GLWS.

I was in a similar situation to Moupe on my E85. Bought new PS4’s 2 weeks ago for my new Apex wheels but rubbed ever so slightly under compression. Intended lowering the car so the problem would have been exasperated. Did about 30 K’s on them so as new. Fitted 225 x 40 x 18 and fit perfectly. 

If 235 x 40 x 18 worked for you can do a decent discount on new, getting them to you is the only issue as I am in Wellington though could drop them at Mainfreight depot if you arranged freight.

Just deliberating if the new 255 x 35 x 18 rears are going to be replaced as well as they will be close to the arches when lowered. 

Will advertise the tyres shortly to the market.

Cheers

43 minutes ago, Haggisman said:

Hi J, shame you’ve just bought the 235’s . Similar situation to yourself, bought the 235 x40 x 18 ps4 Michelin for my new apex wheels on my E85 but they rubbed ever so slightly on the inner liner  under compression due to the wheel offset. Done about 30 k’s so as new. Just fitted 225’s  and perfect and will allow me to lower the car as planned. 

Where were you when I needed you lol. I actually ended up going PS2’s. Older spec aren’t too far off the PSS’s although due to availability I had to pay a bit extra for Porsche spec 😕

5 minutes ago, Moupe said:

Where were you when I needed you lol. I actually ended up going PS2’s. Older spec aren’t too far off the PSS’s although due to availability I had to pay a bit extra for Porsche spec 😕

Exactly, life seems to be about timing doesn’t it. All my research told me these tyres would be fine but they sit fairly square on the wheels to maximise grip. C’est la vie.

55 minutes ago, Haggisman said:

Exactly, life seems to be about timing doesn’t it. All my research told me these tyres would be fine but they sit fairly square on the wheels to maximise grip. C’est la vie.

Funny, as the PSS's were the exact opposite. The fronts didn't sit square (which I didn't like from an aesthetics perspective). I'm very happy with the set up now though. The extra 10mm all around has made a big different to the handling characteristics too. As mentioned further up the thread, the only drawback is the slightly off speedometer. But who has time to look at that when you're ripping down a backroad :P