Sign in to follow this  
duluth

WTB E39 530i Msport

Looking to buy a e39 530i Msport  with less than 150,000km. Located in Auckland but can travel. 

Thanks in advance.

36 minutes ago, qube said:

Just out of curiosity how much are you looking to spend?

Certain black one back for sale??

1 hour ago, qube said:

Just out of curiosity how much are you looking to spend?

Have up to $9000. Missed out on the black one from trademe, made an offer but was sold to someone else before I got a chance to match it.

1 hour ago, leichtbau said:

Certain black one back for sale??

My one (link above) is long gone, just wondering what people are thinking its worth these days. Prices have gone up this year alone.

• Like 1

Yea was thinking maybe you'd heard from the new owner about selling. There's a tidy black one with cloth on TM that's been sitting for absolutely ages at $8K.

1 minute ago, leichtbau said:

Yea was thinking maybe you'd heard from the new owner about selling. There's a tidy black one with cloth on TM that's been sitting for absolutely ages at $8K.

That's the one i just missed out on unfortunately 

Personally i don't think prices have gone up for E39's at all (excl M5), if anything they are as cheap as ever for an average one. Most of msport ones ive seen are listed in the 4-8k range with some as low as 2.5k-3k that need extra work.

• Like 2

Ive seen at least 2-3 sell for around the 7-8k mark recently for what looked like (on photos anyway) tidy msport 530s with reasonable kms.

cant really compare with the rough ones though they are dirt cheap and for good reason too

36 minutes ago, qube said:

Ive seen at least 2-3 sell for around the 7-8k mark recently for what looked like (on photos anyway) tidy msport 530s with reasonable kms.

cant really compare with the rough ones though they are dirt cheap and for good reason too

6-8k seems to be the going rate , not many pop up though

130i a good alternative ? The one on TradeMe that claims to be one of the best specced in NZ listed for 10.5k. Is that a fair price ? 

45 minutes ago, qube said:

If they are decent cosmetically then they are likely the better deal if you can DIY and prepared to spent some more money. Vast majority of these cars regardless of price are still their original shocks etc etc, so money has to spent either way if you want make the car drive\handle as well as it can.

On 12/13/2020 at 11:48 PM, displayname said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-2888421069.htm

Not quite under your wanted mileage but description paints a well looked after picture. + touring 😅

One of my old ones. Drivers seat had a hole in it, looks like a partial silver trim upgrade since I had it. I'd check if the airbag has been sorted. I'm sure I did battery, waterpump, thermostat etc but any careful owner treats their replacement as a given. Certainly there has been a few thousand lost by each of it's owners since I sold it 😆

On 12/13/2020 at 8:32 PM, duluth said:

130i a good alternative ? The one on TradeMe that claims to be one of the best specced in NZ listed for 10.5k. Is that a fair price ? 

If it's had waterpump, plugs, coils, battery, tyres (runflats are awful) and all of the gaskets addressed (rocker cover, sump and oil filter housing in particular) otherwise you're bound to be up for those costs. 

• Like 1