Sign in to follow this  
Brianr70

Too expensive??

Low km, all the options, and manual.. (the only real option you want 😛 ) Be one of the more desirable 130s.. Probably be over priced, but not by huge amounts for the right buyer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

Low km, all the options, and manual.. (the only real option you want 😛 ) Be one of the more desirable 130s.. Probably be over priced, but not by huge amounts for the right buyer. 

I'm sure you know better than that Chris! Too expensive by ~$6k.

Manual, smanual... 😉 (forgive me for being defensive).

But no really notable options, BMWP pedals, Aero spoiler, CD instead of MD (who cares?), no PDC, no sunroof, no cruise (😁), nothing else... and the oil cooler has lost its cover! Shame.

And the thing is, at ~90k kms, probably everything underneath and up front needs replacing.

I'd say it's a $11.5k (marketed) car that you'd need to be prepared to sell for $10.5k.

Edit: you can get a F20 M135i for less than what they're asking for this.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's overpriced, but I don't personally think pedals and/or spoilers add any value or desirability. Look for more important things like proper tyres, service records and waterpumps.

It came into the country in August 2017, and has sat overpriced on their yard ever since. I went to look at it before I bought mine and the owners of the yard were real pricks. They wouldn't even let me test drive it unless I'd agreed to buy it at their asking price ($19k at the time). The condition is good, but not that good - some wear on the leather, air con vents very faded etc. They seem determined to keep it as a museum piece. What a shame, the car will just end up deteriorating on their yard

Well, if it's been sitting in the sun for 3 years, add a new headliner to the list of must dos.

You wonder how some dealers make any money.

• Like 2

That is 135i money.  But you would get a better 135 for that.

• Like 1

Not sure I follow that logic.  Sales set prices, not asks.  

Their space on the yard will owe them something like $1200-2000/month, so this car has cost them more sitting there for three years than they’ll ever realise by selling it.  Money laundering operation right there, yeo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm at work, so this is rushed and a brain dump, but....

I think 'asks' certainly contribute. People look to trademe to see what their vehicle is commanding before listing. I've watched the E36 M3 'ask' pattern going up and up and that impacts what they sell for eventually. You can guarantee the next one doesn't come on at 20k (probably a realstic value for these cars imo) when others are on there for 40. In that respect 'asks' do contribute to setting prices.

Also, the purple vert sold to Rose City... it must have changed hand around 35 (sure someone can look it up) but that doesn't appear to have 'reset / raised' it's value.

• Like 1