Sign in to follow this  
leichtbau

The perfect one car garage?

This thing is awesome. Its quite expensive for a “535” but it does have a lot of mods. 

also this dealer (consignment seller) knows how to present cars really well. Almost bought one off him a few months ago but ended up with something else. 

• Like 1

Great example, wagons are always a little pricey but the spec is very nice 👌

Perfect one car garage is a 964 911(sorry, I mean E46 M3) and pay just someone to deliver your fridge or pick up parents from the airport 🤣

• Like 2

Nah I'll take the V8 https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2902045342?bof=fpvQzkk7or the I6 diesel https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/530d/listing/2904515958 - not on 20's either thanks. Illegal plate too...

Edited by balancerider

That 530d is nigh on perfect, great colour combo, although a 535i is just as efficient really.  I managed to get 6.2l/100km from Bombay to Hamilton the other day.  The 550i touring is also a unique proposition.

As an owner of an F11 535i I can tell you it's not a perfect one car.  It's great at carting the family and cruising around but it may as well be a German Camry, it's a very dull drive.

You definitely need something else in the garage for some excitement.  

Edited by GorGasm

^ thats interesting, because I found the N55 to be a fantastic engine (exciting drive) in the M135i F20. It must be the combination of engine + chassis that makes the difference.

57 minutes ago, qube said:

^ thats interesting, because I found the N55 to be a fantastic engine (exciting drive) in the M135i F20. It must be the combination of engine + chassis that makes the difference.

The F10 535i loan car we had for a few weeks was a bit of a boat TBH - found it big, a bit wallowy and sterile. Excellent motorway mile muncher though.

Being a tired non Msport won't have helped with floaty suspension and hardly any seat bolstering.

I'm sure that drivetrain in an F20 would be completely different though and an Msport F10/11 would certainly be better (or M5 😍)

Edited by Sammo

3 hours ago, qube said:

The extra torque from the I6 diesel is great for these bigger cars, M5 excepted they aren't sporty...

535i has plenty of torque too.  Nothing much wrong with the engine and gearbox it does a great job it's just not exciting.   

Initially they feel boaty but they are actually well composed and handle well.

If you want to go somewhere clinically and with the least fuss possible then the f10/11 is for you.

And yes the 135i is much more exciting, although I ended up with an E60 M5 after test driving a 135i.

Edited by GorGasm

On 12/17/2020 at 7:22 PM, qube said:

This thing is awesome. Its quite expensive for a “535” but it does have a lot of mods. 

also this dealer (consignment seller) knows how to present cars really well. Almost bought one off him a few months ago but ended up with something else. 

yeah, cool car though way over-priced.  It's a $19k car IMHO. 

• Like 1