Sign in to follow this  
3pedals

Lightweight Belgian

Scored this nice little number - bit down on power and ever so slightly a project , fortunately all the bits I've been trying to find a home for will go straight on and match the bike. 

1453587961.jpg

• Like 3

Not columbus - it's  litespeed sourced titanium tubing either put to gether by Litesepeed for Eddy or possibly done in the Meise factory once they had geared up supposedly they swapped over to factory build in '96 and it's a '96 . 

Will be interesting to compare to my   Dedacciai  EOM 16.5  steel framed Italian bike I have 

• Like 1

Just trying to tack down a 90 or 100mm stem to go with the original Merckx spec  bars on it- will post once it is sorted 

Will be a little more of a project. Frame and groupset are very good but 'build ' is definitely kiwi - 27.2  seat post jammed into a 26.8 tube, shimano  free hub & cluster on back wheel . 

Have ordered a panto eddy Merckx stem and a 26.8 campy seat post . 

The Deda carbon post is a perfect match for my Viner steel frame so thats here it is heading 

P.S definitely genuine Meise built Merckx 

Edited by 3pedals

Functional Merckx , have new cable kit ordered for refresh when the stem arrives , some pretty average efforts by the previous owner:

1.  27.2 seat post in a 26.8 hole ,
  2. plastic rear skewer in the rear wheel, 
  3. shimano freehub and cluster with a campy drive train,
  4. some serious macinations with the brake and gear shift cables - outers too short on the brakes ( beause they were incorrectly routed, 
  5. shifter cable the wrong way in the lever. 

Will look for a faster pair of period correct wheels in due course - currently on the Campy chorus wheels off my steel Viner 

IMG_20201226_133712[1].jpg

• Like 1

And rides rather well - compared to the steel Viner and my two carbon Looks it is stiffer and more responsive than the Viner but not quite as agile and effficent as the Looks  so a very impressive bike for mid 90's clearly Merckx understands bike dynamics. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, balancerider said:

That's a beaut. Wonder how it would look with first gen Record carbon cranks?

Probably quite nice, but I've already stretched the 'period correct' window having  year 2000 10 speed kit on a 96 bike  and I am trying to keep this one close to 'in the window' so 2002 is a bit too much and they do fetch a price .

these at 400 Euros 

campagnolo-record-carbon-crankset-vintage-very-rare-oldbici-1-510x315.jpg