Sign in to follow this  
topnotchrally

FS: H&R Springs for 1995 E36 M3

H&R Springs for 1995 E36 M3

PRICE $275 

Fitted to car June 2016.

They were on the car for <20,000 kms.

They were removed to fit OEM M3 springs.

Will fit 1995 M3 for sure. Will fit other E36 but  require large front upper seat from earlier car.

See this link https://www.bimmerworld.com/BMW-Upper-Spring-Plate-1995-E36-M3.html I will try to obtain some of these (used) to improve chance of a sale

Photo of car is with these springs installed.

PM if interested.

Located Raglan/Hamilton

IMG_8587.jpg

IMG_8588.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8590.jpg

1995 M3.jpg

Edited by topnotchrally

Hi Ive got a 1994 m3. Am curious why you reverted to OEM springs? From your photo it looks about the right height? Or too low for and a bumpy a ride? Cheers

3 hours ago, fredbmw said:

Hi Ive got a 1994 m3. Am curious why you reverted to OEM springs? From your photo it looks about the right height? Or too low for and a bumpy a ride? Cheers

I'm not sure the photo is the best.  It was provided by the PO. The PO put the OEMs on and I fully support that decision.  I (we) believe for maximum resale value in the future a 'classic' car needs to be un-modified.

make an offer.... want them gone... need a steering rack...

6 minutes ago, topnotchrally said:

make an offer.... want them gone... need a steering rack...

Hopefully you're not putting a stock rack in it... given your previous comments on OE springs I'm not sure...

Good observation.  I'm just trying to decide  A purple seems the recommended choice but I am very happy with the rack in my 318i so am thinking of going with one of those which would be, as you observed, stock :-).

I don't drive the M3 much but when I do the first thing I notice is the appalling steering wheel movement needed to turn the car (as you pointed out, this M3 rack is known to be the worst).  I also have a Z3 and I feel the 318i and the Z3 are very comparable, hence my leaning toward 'stock'. 

You can't compare a Z3 rack in a Z3 to an E36 rack in a 318i.

I can assure you that a Z3 rack in an E36 is epic. If you can't do that then a purple tag is still a massive upgrade, there's no dispute. Stock '95 M3 rack is the worst of the bunch.

Edited by M3AN

21 hours ago, M3AN said:

You can't compare a Z3 rack in a Z3 to an E36 rack in a 318i.

I can compare them.. I have both cars 🙂  I can find no fault with my 318i rack.  The car is a pleasure to drive. I may try to crawl under there and check the rack part number as I'm curious what it is. 

4 minutes ago, topnotchrally said:

I can compare them.. I have both cars 🙂  I can find no fault with my 318i rack.  The car is a pleasure to drive. I may try to crawl under there and check the rack part number as I'm curious what it is. 

You missed my point. Even with the same racks a Z3 is going to feel different to a 318i, comparing them back-to-back is apples and oranges. Regardless, the non-M Z3 rack is universally accepted as the best (RHD) rack.

Since you have both cars I'd be fascinated what you thought of each if you swapped the racks over, not that I'd expect you to do that! 

1 minute ago, M3AN said:

You missed my point. Even with the same racks a Z3 is going to feel different to a 318i, comparing them back-to-back is apples and oranges. Regardless, the non-M Z3 rack is universally accepted as the best (RHD) rack.

Since you have both cars I'd be fascinated what you thought of each if you swapped the racks over, not that I'd expect you to do that! 

Didn't really miss your point, I was just being a smart ass.  They are quite different cars, I understand.  I've only had the Z3  a short time so still getting acquainted with it and the shocks are stuffed so can't push it too hard.  Where can I get a set of rear Bilsteins cheap?  Way off topic now, but where's the cheapest place to buy Bilsteins in NZ?  (I will be using the stock springs :-0)

• Haha 1

STILL AVAILABLE. Swapping backed out after many covid delays.  

How needs these? I want them gone!

6 minutes ago, C-130 Hercules said:

How much? 

$275... like i says in the ad.

On 2/14/2022 at 11:19 PM, topnotchrally said:

Still, still available.

Ill take them if you’ve still got them!