Sign in to follow this  
sobanoodle

F20 116i /118i / 120i reliability

That was on par or slightly cheaper (vs $499 or $450 + get). And this is a well-known place, you see some fancy stuff on their fb or instagram. 

I'm getting to that stage in my life when I cbf doing certain things myself and just let professionals do what they're supposed to do best...

In other news. I had the dealership to replace the O2 sensor, no more error code for that one. I fiddled with ISTA+ last night and resetted a few adaptations which transformed the car drastically. It certainly pulls alright now, not that the wife will be much concerned about that or will even notice but I certainly am. 

Also flashed the nbt-hu with the latest ECE spec firmware, she's fully converted to ECE now. 

• Like 2

The tint got partially re-done/fixed and is 90% all good now (if I'm being pedantic). Not sure I'll go to them again though..

In other news. Scored a cheap set of Bilstein B16 for the touring, no plans to slam it as it's already low enough but should be a decent handling and ride quality upgrade. All goes well I'll have them in over the upcoming long weekend. 

Also went to the well known  wrecker mentioned above... Seriously annoyed with the dude as the steering wheel was nowhere near as good or as described/confirmed prior to. Had a 5mmx5mm patch of missing leather right at 12 o'clock position as well as a few decent pressure marks and scratches. He was super casual about it, sort of "don't like it don't buy, someone else will" or "I'm sure you can fix that”, annoyingly I had to drive 90km return trip to find that out. Somewhat typical of a wrecker. 

Edited by sobanoodle
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, F30N20 said:

I've been reading this thread with interest. The car is looking great. I have an F30 as well and have been looking into getting my nav converted. Did you have to remove the hdd in the HU and get it formatted @sobanoodle? I have been told this, but it seems like it's not that involved? Maybe they are trying to make it sound complicated 🤔 

The way I have done it and assuming you have a NBT system not CIC then yes you do not need to touch the HDD at all.

Way simpler and quicker than CIC conversion , in that case I had to clone ECE HDD. 

On 2021/2/17 at AM7点40分, sobanoodle said:

我这样做的方式假设你有一个 NBT 系统而不是 CIC 那么是的你根本不需要触摸硬盘。

比 CIC 转换更简单、更快,在那种情况下,我不得不克隆 ECE HDD。 

hi sorry to reactive this dead thread, but i really want to know how to change region in the cic system. I got a 2010 f10 528i with a cic system. Is that possible to teach me? i would like to pay for tutorial fee.