Sign in to follow this  
gofaster

130i - Anyone know what this light means?

Hi - as per pic

Not sure what the icon in top left corner of lower display means - any ideas, or know where I can find a manual that references it.

Tried the web, found plenty of others but not this one.

I assume the black outline represents the engine, but cannot figure out what the orange bit through the middle indicates

Cheers, John

Dash light - unknown description.jpg

Edited by gofaster

Average trip speed isnt it. 

• Like 1

Hi Chris, thanks for replying.

If I understand this correctly, the icon just represents what is shown to the right? (average trip speed)

So no alarm bells, that is good to know as I am still getting used to all the functions/settings of the car.

(just completed the rocker cover gasket job!)

If you press the BC button on left hand stalk it'll scroll through all the trip options, average speed, instantaneous fuel, range, average fuel etc etc. If you press the up and down toggle it'll scroll through the menu where you can check oil level, check fault codes, etc etc 

When its got a active error it'll pop up a little triangle next to the trip odo (thats currently reading 010.3km) that you can get more info on through the above (things like low fuel will do it too)

A proper engine fault gets its own orange/red warning light next to the airbag light etc. Orange - somethings broke. Red - stop driving. 

There is also a "hidden" menu if you hold down the trip reset button on cluster it'll go into the service menu where you can reset oil changes etc etc. 

Got it, thanks mate, appreciate your patience!

Cheers, John