Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

Looking to buy an e70 X5

Have finally decided to buy an X5 to replace the Highlander. My wants and budget are pointing me to an LCI 2010/11 E70 diesel. A few on TM at present but curious to hear from owners as to their experience with this model. Being an LCI it will have the N57 engine and ZF 8Speed. What do i need to look out for or avoid? What about Imports, Britain vs Japan? I do like the M Sport package  but could live with a non M sport version. It will do a bit of towing as well. 

Edited by Herbmiester

Brakes, tyres, control arm bushes, rear suspension airbags fail at around 100km. If its higher kms then Diesel Particulate Filters can be an issue if they haven't dont get get long hot runs. Stay away from anything 'Blue Performance', the Adblue system is a nightmare when it goes wrong

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gaz said:

Brakes, tyres, control arm bushes, rear suspension airbags fail at around 100km. If its higher kms then Diesel Particulate Filters can be an issue if they haven't dont get get long hot runs. Stay away from anything 'Blue Performance', the Adblue system is a nightmare when it goes wrong

also if you suspension compressors if the airbags gets over used from leaking bags, the compressors are plastic unfortunately

• Like 1

The one major issue I had with mine was the evaporator core developed a leak. I was covered under warranty thankfully, it required the entire dash to be removed. From what I know whilst it is rare it is not totally uncommon, so you’ll want to make sure the AC works and is not hissing which (I’m sure you would anyway).

I had the 4.8 and drove it from about 70k to a little over 100k and thought it was really robust.

Personally I went for non-M-sport for a better ride and tyres which were all the same but the M-Sport body kits and steering wheel sure do look better. 

• Like 1

Hey so does all the blue performance models have the adblue system ? Just looking at x5s atm..

Cheers