Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Re-Introduction (Round 2)

As some of you may recall, I spent a good amount of time deciding on my ideal car back in 2017. After advice from some members here, and a lot of test drives of different makes and models, I decided on an NZ new 2003 330i M Sport sedan. What a car. It was my first BMW, and it was a lot of car for a little money. Quite different from the Starion, Galant, and Diamante I had owned before.

image.thumb.png.9d8faa6f239f013c10d0cad19f361030.png

Fast forward about 8 months, and she's sitting outside parked on the street, nothing doing. The punishment? Getting totaled by some genius speeding through a tight windy road at midnight, while drunk:

image.png.151556cea287213b54ee32d35fe34bd7.png

😭 That's a two car park, and it was in the back space with the handbrake fully engaged... look how far it ended up from position one. Weitz Industries ended up parting it out. After that I wasn't active on the forums for a while, starting different jobs, doing some travelling, family stuff, etc... A few years on and I'm in need of a car again. After a lot of time-wasters, morons, and liars tried to sell me their vehicles, I was getting royally pissed off! 🤬

Anyway, long story short, I found my second BMW. The handsome twin of my earlier chariot; another NZ new, 330i M Sport sedan. 

image.png.a81acfe675f3bc2e6a6c04e4e3389dcb.png

The first two hours of my trip home, I put it to the test on those long winding roads between Hamilton and Turangi. She didn't disappoint. The silky smooth inline six delivered when asked, and took to the corners beautifully. After that it was starting to get late and tiredness was starting to settle in, so I took it relatively easy for the remaining four hour drive. Overtaking was never a problem, and cruising at 100kph is incredibly comfortable for a sports sedan.

I could ramble on, but I think most of you are familiar with what great cars they are. 
It does need a few things, but that's part of the fun right?

Yeeaaah... it was a good day.  

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 13

Thought I'd throw up some better photos, post an 8 hour groom. I know, need to work on my photography!

image.png.f4006a12ea6e3205503329e393c7d415.png

image.png.07e43263c6f7fadce88caefb80571b17.png

image.png.a31d76c4facbeb5d18534ca8e50c134a.png

• Like 3