Sign in to follow this  
danbullock

Is this TMs longest running BMW sale?

lol, seller has his head buried in the sand.

These people vote. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, qube said:

This is what it should look like

Meh, even that doesn't convince me. I've never see a genuine Schnitzer without some interior fettling and a numbered plaque.

For a while in the 90's you could option the Schnitzer non-mechanical catalogue onto a new car directly from the BMW dealer, that's all these examples are, stock cars with expensive (at the time) options.

Known as the AC Schnitzer S3 or Silhouette. Team McMillan put the Hellrot car pictured in qube's post together in the early 90's, believe it included a ECU upgrade too.

One previous keeper full BMW service history 90kms up now. Think there may have been four or five done,

Edited by Bandit
sp

Listed longer than the infamous P. North E39 540i ‘Schnitzer’ with low kms? The one that is slowly decaying on the dealers yard? It must be close 😁😁

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, treone said:

Listed longer than the infamous P. North E39 540i ‘Schnitzer’ with low kms? The one that is slowly decaying on the dealers yard? It must be close 😁😁

Im sure that one was up 8 years ago when I bought my 540I, it was a ripoff then too.

1 hour ago, treone said:

Thats currently on a $20k discount 

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 9.18.06 PM.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, andrewm said:

Im sure that one was up 8 years ago when I bought my 540I, it was a ripoff then too.

It was up on tm when I bought my 540i 13 years ago. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

It was up on tm when I bought my 540i 13 years ago. 🤣

Another 13 years will be worth the asking price

14 hours ago, Daniel said:

there's another in the mix for longest running...

2002 BMW 330ci Cabriolet MotorSport | Trade Me Motors

I recall seeing this one and the above 5 series back early in 2017. Unsure of the e36

lol at approximately 280hp.. where's he getting these figures from? it's a beautiful car but not 20k worth lol

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/other/listing/2175069642?bof=Ps4WkpjS

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/740i/listing/2889928930?bof=Ps4WkpjS

These may not be the absolute oldest but they have definitely been for sale for probably the last 5 years. 

8 minutes ago, Kees said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/other/listing/2175069642?bof=Ps4WkpjS

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/740i/listing/2889928930?bof=Ps4WkpjS

These may not be the absolute oldest but they have definitely been for sale for probably the last 5 years. 

When I look at those with under 50,000km on the clock I wouldn't call them too overpriced, (slightly overpriced yes) not like the E36, E39 schnitzer and the others listed above.

More likely those two are just in the wrong place to sell.

Edited by Kiwi_BMW

Lots from Michael Grant motors.  Seems a bit odd doesn't it.

• Like 1

Dealer is very old school, whats on line is a small selection of what is available, has a lot of old euros plus old Japanese stuff like ST185 Celicas, late 80s Nissan NX coupe, Honda Integra, E30 South African model to name a few. 

• Like 1

It's fascinating really. The stubbornness? Ego? Naivety? Cluelessness? Accountancy?? 

I need a youtube interview series with these vendors

Probably stubbornness..as the song goes "I did it my way"😜

The PLMC prices are not really, really unrealistic... if the cars were MANUALS. I'd pay $6k for low km 1996 528i manual.

I assume this fellow owns these cars as investments (no financing) if he can hold out this long... and has a no mortgage car lot.

18 hours ago, m325i said:

I need a youtube interview series with these vendors

I thought about pitching this idea to the spinoff a few years ago! An interview with the Michael Grant would be priceless.

• Haha 1