Sign in to follow this  
callumb

Servicing that complies with manufacturer's warranty

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to a 2017 3 series. I'm wondering what my options are for where it can be serviced that will comply with the manufacturers warranty.

Does anyone have a definitive answer or better still the actual terms and conditions of the manufacturers warranty? (which doesn't appear to be online)

Cheers

Callum

Edited by callumb

Tried contacting the provider of the warranty, ie: BMW if its a manufacturers warranty? Most manufacturers are real finicky when it comes to their own warranties, and will look at any out possible if something goes wrong and you havent had it done by a dealer on time every time.

I have emailed and FB messaged BMW NZ. Called AKL City BMW who didn't know and said they'd email them to me - that was yesterday. And just now emailed sales at continental where I bought the car.

It's the first car I've owned that's covered by a manufacturers warranty - seems important to know what my options/obligations are for servicing?!

You'd think that sort of information would be readily available.. apparently not.

2 hours ago, callumb said:

I have emailed and FB messaged BMW NZ. Called AKL City BMW who didn't know and said they'd email them to me - that was yesterday. And just now emailed sales at continental where I bought the car.

It's the first car I've owned that's covered by a manufacturers warranty - seems important to know what my options/obligations are for servicing?!

You'd think that sort of information would be readily available.. apparently not.

They just expect everyone to pay their ridiculous prices, would love to know this too for the future when my service plan expires.

Terms will be in the warranty document. You should have been given one when you bought the car, otherwise they should be able to send you a copy.