Sign in to follow this  
balancerider

Too much carbon?

I'll second that... wings are stupid on any road car, particularly so on a car that should look 'dignified', not boy racer.

Also, I buy my cars for driving, not 'turning heads'.

Silly me, I paid the cost of the 'upgrades' for a whole M3!

• Like 1

Guess I won't get much approval for admitting that I'd totally put that wing on an M4 or M2....

https://ind-distribution.com/products/bmw-m-performance-f82-m4-carbon-fiber-wing

It's not a cheap piece!

Although it doesn't really work on the sedan IMO.

Not a fan of that M Performance lip and those CF splitters on the front bumper, although they seem popular in the American M3/4 forums. I like the M3/4 CS lip more.

The trend of carbon fiber wrapped exhaust tips also confuses me. I'd go titanium tips, if I want going to spend the 13k or whatever that exhaust costs. Also from watching recordings of that M Performance exhaust.... the sound is not one everyone will like. It's very... metallic, not sure how else to describe it.

I also think he's trying to add on the cost of those parts to the car's price... which just isn't going to work.

Still a nice car, and you could make a bit of the cash back by selling off those parts. That wing is drilled into the bootlid though so you'd have to get that sealed back and repainted. That front lip is also drilled in although the drill holes are underneath so not really noticeable.

m4 m performance wing.jpg

Edited by Matth5

“The extras added” then proceeds to list a whole list of items that are standard on NZ new cars.

As for the carbon fibre, yes, there is such a thing as too much. Same on the asking price.

Min grey with bi-colour wheels is still my favourite combo on the F80, so still has potential.

Yuck. Back in the day we'd say 'riced', not sure if that's kosher these days. 

Even that interior carbon fibre looks naff, far too shiny. The matte stuff they sell is better.

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

Even that interior carbon fibre looks naff, far too shiny. The matte stuff they sell is better.

The shifter and trim piece around it are add-ons, but the rest of it is actually a standard trim option (and the most common one).

I would have spent the $27K on a Shirmer suspension geo setup and BBS E88's... But that's just me.

• Like 1