Sign in to follow this  
wrs

*SOLD* E36 Bilstein B12 Kit Without Springs

I've changed over to using Koni adjustables so the B12 shocks/struts are available.

I purchased a B12 Kit a few years ago from Weitz Ind, so were already second hand. About 2 years ago I finally got the front shocks rebuilt at Raceline ($500+) and installed them. It lowered the front about 40mm (due to the Eibach springs) which was too much. I ended up putting in 10mm spacers at the top of the strut to get 100mm ground clearance. The ride height was set by the Eibach springs which I've kept and re-used with Koni adjustables specially valved for the springs. The Eibach springs are ok when used with M3 top-hats though at they're about 20mm taller than standard E36 top hats.

So, for sale is just the shock/strut parts of the B12 kit, front and rear. The fronts were rebuilt 2 years ago and have done approx 20,000km's since the rebuilt. The rears were used as-is and appeared to be ok but should really be rebuilt as the km's are unknown. The front shocks are quite short compared to standard as they were designed for the shorter stiffer Eibach spring and for lowered setups.

If you know the kit then you'll know the differences between standard setups and these shocks, if you don't know the difference then please research first.

These shocks were a significant upgrade over the stock setup but do have a very hard ride.

I don't really know what they're worth so we'll start off at $300 and see how it goes.

Edited by wrs

No worries, should be about $30 for freight to Auckland - if it's more I'll take the hit. If you're happy with the freight cost then they're sold!!