Sign in to follow this  
Harper

LSB E46 M3

18 minutes ago, Harper said:

Yes, this one certainly ticks quite a few boxes!

I see that $40,000 is the starting bid, no yellow reserve flag is showing at that price, so the reserve is currently not met,  and unknown. 

03247DC5-869C-4F7A-BAB1-D14A61486819.png

Edited by paulo
Too many spaces!
  • Like 1

@paulo Thats a good point about the reserve, will be interesting seeing what it goes for then!

Edited by Harper

My original M3 that I bought back in 2001.

I’ve wondered where this was. Good to see it’s still alive and well.

B8352609-FA19-44A7-93BD-A3DB940C3E2C.thumb.png.5e7ad86763af7b2d2dbe1a27d62c4f27.png

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, topnotchrally said:

me noob?  What is LSB?  thanks

Laguna Seca Blue (paint colour) 

17 hours ago, M3_Power said:

My original M3 that I bought back in 2001.

I’ve wondered where this was. Good to see it’s still alive and well.

B8352609-FA19-44A7-93BD-A3DB940C3E2C.thumb.png.5e7ad86763af7b2d2dbe1a27d62c4f27.png

Wow, great to meet the original owner - I'm the current owner. Thank you for spec'ing the car perfectly from the factory!

Already regretting listing and wonder if I should withdraw. But I do really want an NSX...

• Like 3

That will become clear when it's hit. Not far away though. Will be interesting to see what it goes for, although offers are coming thick and fast (including a possible NSX swap!), so it may end up withdrawn before then.

• Like 2

Beautiful Car - don't let it go for less than what you really want!

There are not many about in NZ that achieve the near-unicorn status of this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "right" buyer would pay circa $50k for this example.

Good luck with the sale, and please let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

... that e36 M3 'vert in your garage photo also looks interesting... what colour is that?

6 hours ago, RevHed said:

Wow, great to meet the original owner - I'm the current owner. Thank you for spec'ing the car perfectly from the factory!

Already regretting listing and wonder if I should withdraw. But I do really want an NSX...

It was the first Laguna Seca blue car in New Zealand ordered (I was apparently the only person that ordered one in that shade lol)

afterwards three more came in, one manual and one smg and one convertible if I recall correctly.

FYI this had a brand new diff replaced by BMW NZ when I had it as back then no one had heard of the infamous diff groan.

otherwise it was a perfect car! I believe the second owner owned it for a long time and lived in Hamilton??? 

I’d love to buy it back but wife would divorce me for sure if I did 🤣🤣🤣

Good luck👍
FYI the NSX is slow on the track. I’ve tracked against a few and they have always been slower than the E46 M3 by quite a margin. Don’t believe best motoring videos you watch.

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 2

This could be a recent record sale! LSB is awesome. But I think it's more awesome when it is someone else's colour. Not sure I'd want it as a daily. (Seem to get enough bad looks just from normal driving / s54 noise). 

Don’t believe best motoring videos you watch.

Ha, they are so stacked for anything JDM!

Used to regularly see another LSB M3 outside of femme fatale in the CBD when I worked in the city 😂

By far the best color.

• Like 2

Did some digging on the LSB hard tops, further to what @M3_Power said; 2x NZ new cars, 2x Japan cars, one of which was the 14th ever E46 M3 produced - a 08/2000 build pre-production example, and another 2x cars that might have had a "respray."

Think the rarest colours in NZ would have to be the sole Oxford Green example (RIP) and the Estoril Blue one.

1 minute ago, leichtbau said:

Did some digging on the LSB hard tops, further to what @M3_Power said; 2x NZ new cars, 2x Japan cars, one of which was the 14th ever E46 M3 produced - a 08/2000 build pre-production example, and another 2x cars that might have had a "respray."

Think the rarest colours in NZ would have to be the sole Oxford Green example (RIP) and the Estoril Blue one.

where do you get your data from? I've been hunting for E36 M3 Evo production numbers but can't find published information.

On 2/14/2021 at 11:36 AM, paulo said:

... that e36 M3 'vert in your garage photo also looks interesting... what colour is that?

It's Ice Blue, a BMW Individual colour. It's basically the same blue as the lightest part of the M3 logo. Doubt there are many in the world in this color - you have to like it! But it only gets positive feedback in person. The e36 is also an NZ new car, with almost 200k kms.

• Thanks 1

@M3_Power Yes it spent time in Hamilton I believe.

I had an NSX for a weekend when I lived in London and although it's not the fastest car, it is so well balanced and fun to drive. And I've always had a soft spot for Hondas. Shame they're so pricey these days.

Reserve met on the auction...  Damn cognitive dissonance!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toast said:

where do you get your data from? I've been hunting for E36 M3 Evo production numbers but can't find published information.

A range of open source information, and far too much time spent collating the data.

5 hours ago, leichtbau said:

Here are 2 of them. Mine and a customers we converted to manual.

IMG_7224.thumb.jpg.4cdbc53d84c91c05504659088c224381.jpg

• Like 7

... I spotted this one a few days ago - has been painted in LSB recently - was Phoenix Yellow when I last saw it about 18 months ago. It is now manual too (has been converted from SMG)

IMG_1478.JPG

See the questions asked...

It's a rare car, not a REAR car... for %#@$@# sake, why do so many people on trade me do this?

• Like 2