Sign in to follow this  
mark-bmw-newbie

F20 needs radio & Nav conversion and another key - recommendations?

Hi all,

I’ve taken the plunge and bought a Japanese import F20. Now I need to get the radio and nav converted and get an additional key (comfort access) as it only came with one.

I see a few places do radio and nav conversion including:

- Autogravity

- Jonvy

- Audiocity

I also understand there is a right way and wrong way to do these conversions, the wrong way being overwritable by BMW if they do a significant reflash. Is that right? Can anyone recommend who I should have it done by?

As for an additional key, I’ve had a quote of over $900 from a BMW dealership. A place called Alarm One Audio say they can do it for much less (they advertise on TM). Is there anything I should know about getting an additional key? Anywhere else I should consider? I see you can buy aftermarket keys online for very cheap but understand there’s work to be done to read valid key codes out of the ecu and then program the key?

Any help, information or recommendations would be welcome!

HI there, 

if you buy the ethernet cable and bmw e-sys (BMW scanner ENET Ethernet to OBD Interface E-SYS ICOM Coding for F-serie scan | Trade Me Motors)   i can remoting code your bmw. as for the key I've never had an issues with Chinese clone. get them little s ~$120