Sign in to follow this  
Kam

E61 water leaking In boot.

Hi Everyone. I have a 2005 e61 Tourer. Only owned for a few weeks. Slowly working through some niggles it has. Well driving home today all the lights on the dashboard light up. Red car on a lift comes on. Infact everything came on then off. Car drive perfectly fine. Looked like it was having an electronic breakdown.

When I got home I looked in the boot. Water everywhere.

I think it must have come from the tailgate or the panoramic sunroof. Anyone any suggestions on where to look for drain holes etc. Would like to get fixed before the next downpour.

The pics show the modules have been moved. So it must have leaked previously.

Cheers.

IMG20210218173002.jpg

IMG20210218172957.jpg

Mine did this, was a blocked sunroof drain, had to take headliner part way out to unblock them, but hasn't happened since. Short term I knocked a bung out of the boot floor so the water would drain out instead of flooding the modules, the M5 has them in the spare wheel well in front of the battery so it filled right up and drowned the whole lot. Can also be tail light seals but I haven't done them.

Sunroof drain hose blockage most probably..

pain in the ass.. hours of work.

yep, thats a good guide. I replaced the black clogged hose with some clear thick tubing from bunnings. 

Hi qube. Looks like we're both doing a wagon project. 

It's leaking radiator change today.

The amount of dead flies and leaves that came out with the old radiator was crazy. 

Edited by Kam
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 1:38 PM, Kam said:

Hi qube. Looks like we're both doing a wagon project. 

It's leaking radiator change today.

The amount of dead flies and leaves that came out with the old radiator was crazy. 

Where did you get the replacement radiator from ? I got a 2006 E61 and the radiator is leaking.