Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

What do think about this?

I like it, very cool spec and colour. Only thing is the E70 is getting a bit older, the F chassis would be a nice step up but obviously another 10-15k more.

1 hour ago, qube said:

I like it, very cool spec and colour. Only thing is the E70 is getting a bit older, the F chassis would be a nice step up but obviously another 10-15k more.

Yes I want to keep the price under 30k if possible.

fair enough, 

I rate the N55 engine highly in the M135 and even in the X3 but not sure how it would perform in a bigger car like the X5. 

Ive driven an both the E70 and F15 with diesels (30d) and it felt "right".

Might just need to try them out and see how you feel about it to be sure

• Like 1

For what it is worth, we have a 2010 e70 we ordered new is Oz before we retired over here. 

It has travelled just over 100k and has never missed a beat.  On it's 4th set of tyres, second set of rotors, 4th set of pads (it's my wife's car and she still thinks she is driving the rally car of our silly days!!) and second battery.

Regular scheduled services and it still goes like a shower!

Ours is the 35D as delivered in Oz, to differentiate from the Jap import 35Ds I have seen here.

Like the 40D ours has the twin turbo, which is a world apart from the more mundane 30D.  Flicked into Sport and it literally takes off.

We ordered ours in Mineral Green with Saddle trim and Style 214 staggered rims - still looks good.

And I am pretty sure that as of the 40D they had an 8 speed box.

IMG_1821.thumb.JPG.169da262cc0b3536ef1de0edd16c6b55.JPGIMG_1820.thumb.JPG.046e8354c0aab5195eb27a5347cb539c.JPG

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, qube said:

F15 is more or less, a facelifted e70 they share a lot of parts underneath so a decent LCI e70 would be the pick in my mind

• Like 1