Sign in to follow this  
Bennyboy

one car garage

Yep no F3x 335d imported by BMW NZ (330d xDrive only). Spec is a bit 💩 on the black one - halogen lights on a 43k GBP car can piss off. They tend to make the stated power (230kw / 630NM) at the wheels, stage 1 remap to 390-400whp. Plenty quick enough stock though. I think this is a better example if you can live with white https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2984295055?bof=uxR0EXXK

I think I'd pay the extra and get this though: https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2995847661?bof=2bTcMn4b

Edited by balancerider
  • Like 1

I find the premium the bigger diesel wagons command to be amazing, especially when you compare to X5s of the F15 generation. 

Great cars though. 

• Like 1

These are both pretty expensive IMO - I paid just under $55k landed for mine (2016) at end of 2017 with 16000k. 

1 hour ago, balancerider said:

These are both pretty expensive IMO - I paid just under $55k landed for mine (2016) at end of 2017 with 16000k. 

That’s interesting - I looked at one Winger was selling ‘14 330D wagon for circa 45k back in 2019 with the about 80k on the clock. No warranty etc provided with it. I thought it was pretty overpriced at the time. 

Didn’t help that the salesperson was deeply unpleasant either. 

18 hours ago, balancerider said:

Spec is a bit 💩 on the black one - halogen lights on a 43k GBP car can piss off.

They still did halogens in 2015? LOL on a premium brand like BMW no less, that's shameful.

Just did a quick Google and they still do halogens on a few models now... damn, as if LED hasn't been around for years now?!

Edited by Matth5

lovely, lovely cars these new(er) generation BMW's

But gimme old school almost any time.......

IMAG0128.jpg

14 minutes ago, Matth5 said:

They still did halogens in 2015? LOL on a premium brand like BMW no less, that's shameful.

Just did a quick Google and they still do halogens on a few models now... damn, as if LED hasn't been around for years now?!

heaps of NZ new bmw's dont have the angel eyes/xenons as standard option. all halogen headlights.

crazy!

2 hours ago, Matth5 said:

They still did halogens in 2015? LOL on a premium brand like BMW no less, that's shameful

Yeah UK market m-sport f3x got LED as standard from early 2016. 
big engine / big wheels and no other boxes ticked seemed to be the idea with these UK cars, took about 9 months to find one in the spec I wanted.

^ Yip found the same thing when I was looking at 330d wagons. UK import with halogens and manual seats. I looked into retrofitting new lights. 

Ultimately I ended up with x3 30d, NZ new with a pretty high spec. No regrets. The big diesels are pretty awesome. Massive torque is addictive. 

The wagons have really held their value it seems. 

3 hours ago, balancerider said:

@leonfnot too many of those in wagon format floating around though?

Just one, Balancerider, and this is  it, As built by HellBM a few years back.

The factory made one (only) concept and never went ahead with production, sadly.