Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

E70 Wheel sizes

I have just bought an E70 40 with the style 333 20 x 11 20 x 10 wheel combo. These bad boys take the 315 35 x 20 and 275 40 x 20 tires. Just wondering if the ride on 19's is better and whether the tire cost is noticeably lower. What setups have you used?

my x5 4.6is runs the same sizes , rides fine , tyres not too bad 

• Like 1

The 20’s are a noticeable step up again in cost from 19’s if you want reputable brands. Budget 2.5-3k / set

• Like 1

Not even sure if 20" rims were invented when the E53 was developed? They were definately a "thing" when the E70 came out. So the suspension set-up on the E70 would definately have been designed with that size of wheel in mind, so shouldn't be any major issues.

Poor ride and handling is usually a by product of incorrectly sized rims and tyres being fitted to the vehicle in my experience. If you have wheels that were a factory option fitted with the correct tyres then that removes that possibility, which is a good start.

The E70s do seem to have a liking for going through tyres, especially rears, fairly quickly. I think this is in part down to the rear geometry causing the inner shoulders to wear, and the fact that it is easy to drive them like a sporty car as they go so well - with the result that things do wear out a bit quicker.

• Like 1

yup e53 4.6is had 20" factory alloys 315 rear 275 fronts 

37124588_1976439899056213_3129630930726027264_n.jpg

50799414_2261596873873846_1770053840561766400_n.jpg

• Like 1

Well there ya go.

Good point about the weight of the wheels,  chucking massive after market wheels that weigh a ton onto the factory suspension is one common way to get some interesting ride issues!

always cracks me up when I see an E46 rocking tigerclaws and claiming "they fit perfect" 

"Looks stanced as bro' fits hellaflush"

Google Translate

"A few people will think it looks cool, whilst it rides a sack of spuds"