Sign in to follow this  
Charliegordon85

Fuel Hose Help

So I noticed that I was dripping fuel around the rear of my E30, located the hose and the leak. It's a hose which goes from the fuel tank line to fuel filter. The part number is BMW part# 16 12 1 180 398 but when I have gone looking to purchase one I can't find it anywhere, only thing I can find is that it has been superseded by BMW part# 16 12 1 180 399. The part it has been superseded by will not work for my application as it is a J shape where the part I need is U shaped. Does anyone know where I would go to find one or could suggest any alternative ideas. Thanks

Can you not just buy some generic fuel hose of the correct size and rating? Doesn't seem to be a particularly sharp bend so normal EFI hose should take that bend OK. Just make sure its a known good brand like Gates, Codan etc.

If it's been superseeded with another part number then the only chance for the BMW part would be a dealer or parts supplier that is sitting on some New Old Stock unfortunately. You might be able to pick up a used one, but then it's probably not going to be in much better condition than the current one.

Looking at the superseded part number, can you not just cut one leg short and end up with exactly the same shape as the original...?

Original
2e84b653-fd57-45ba-9cb0-91890ed84d00.JPG

Superseded
s-l225.jpg