Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Chip

Starting a project car... thoughts?

18 hours ago, M3AN said:

They're a lot more fun than they look. Unless you hate how they look it would be worth taking a couple for a drive.

6 hours ago, HalfJobHarry said:

As M3MAN says...drive one before deciding....the autos are good but the manual versions are epic. 

Fair point. Is it bad that the first thing that actually came to mind was the practicality of the boot hahaha. I’ll find one to cruise in to compare. Cheers for the recommendation.

19 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

Fair point. Is it bad that the first thing that actually came to mind was the practicality of the boot hahaha. I’ll find one to cruise in to compare. Cheers for the recommendation.

Given they are hatches rather than sedans I find you can get a lot more in them....the boot space is comparable (or possibly even larger) than a 3 series. I had a 3 series for years and I have less trouble putting things in the 1 series....but that said.....I'm dying inside a little more talking about boot space :D:D 

EDIT: And drive one already !! :D

Edited by HalfJobHarry

4 hours ago, HalfJobHarry said:

Given they are hatches rather than sedans I find you can get a lot more in them....the boot space is comparable (or possibly even larger) than a 3 series. I had a 3 series for years and I have less trouble putting things in the 1 series....but that said.....I'm dying inside a little more talking about boot space :D:D 

EDIT: And drive one already !! :D

Probably the wrong forum to be talking about boot space hahaha

You can fit 3 dismembered adult bodies in there no problem. Ask me how I know. 😮

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KwS said:

So Dave, do tell, how do you know?

You weren't meant to ask! But the answer includes many blades and bags. 😉

11 minutes ago, Ghost Chip said:

How long did it take you to clean the boot for that photo?

This... like 'buy my car with a brand new boot!'. 😁

Edited by M3AN
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sammo said:

@Ghost Chip nice looking low km red manual 328i coupe on FB....

FD3512E0-05A6-43CB-8A5A-A40FC40EE731.png

How do I not see these, I check almost every day. I can’t seem to find that post though, is it in a group or fb marketplace?

1 hour ago, Ghost Chip said:

How do I not see these, I check almost every day. I can’t seem to find that post though, is it in a group or fb marketplace?

Just marketplace - I'm sure theres more if you join an E36 group though.

The FB algorithms know I always searching for old BMWs / schnitzer or BBS lol

3 hours ago, Sammo said:

Just marketplace - I'm sure theres more if you join an E36 group though.

The FB algorithms know I always searching for old BMWs / schnitzer or BBS lol

Yeah I ended up finding in a buy/sell group. Got sold pretty quickly though!

9 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

Yeah, its a little scary how fast some of these somewhat desirable "rare" manuals go for when they are priced correctly - when I was getting my E46 I had been looking for months, missed out on a few then she came up at Hell BM - rang Ray within 2 hours of it hitting Trade Me on a Sunday morning and it had already sold...

It however was resold plus GST a few weeks later and I sucked it up and paid a premium to get it - still inside 8 hours of it hitting Trade Me again...

Good luck and keep a few $$ aside if you have to make a rushed purchase on an unknown car. I got lucky on mine but I was always going to dump more than the cars value into it.

5 hours ago, Sammo said:

Yeah, its a little scary how fast some of these somewhat desirable "rare" manuals go for when they are priced correctly - when I was getting my E46 I had been looking for months, missed out on a few then she came up at Hell BM - rang Ray within 2 hours of it hitting Trade Me on a Sunday morning and it had already sold...

It however was resold plus GST a few weeks later and I sucked it up and paid a premium to get it - still inside 8 hours of it hitting Trade Me again...

Good luck and keep a few $$ aside if you have to make a rushed purchase on an unknown car. I got lucky on mine but I was always going to dump more than the cars value into it.

I'd seriously consider importing a 330i E46 manual from the UK if I wanted another one now. (lookout for corrosion though!). When I moved I didn't even get $2000 for it and I'd easily spent 12 on it in preventative maintenance. I didn't do my research before moving over on BMWs here or I'd have just shipped it over and profited even after costs! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

Just saw this bad boy come up too, price is as high as I’ve seen for a 328i though.

Would need a pretty impressive list of modifications and maintenance to list at $13k. 

F36CA681-D6A8-40D2-93A2-88F7E28F86B3.png

6B07A326-6816-4034-9A73-C1CAD69CCEE0.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sammo said:

Hell BM?

Mate, did the bro just resell for profit? That sucks.

I saw that guy post it up on another page, people seemed to be quite surprised on the price. Definitely is quite high though.

Hmmm awfully convenient it went for $100 less than what it was asking for. There was some shameless shill bidding early in the piece as well.

Interior colour not to everyone's taste, but I'm surprised this hasn't sold yet. Factory 6-spd would be hens teeth in NZ.

12 minutes ago, Sammo said:

can only imagine what an Estoril Blue M3 is worth 😜

More than you can afford pal, Ferrari BMW.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

Hmmm awfully convenient it went for $100 less than what it was asking for. There was some shameless shill bidding early in the piece as well.

Interior colour not to everyone's taste, but I'm surprised this hasn't sold yet. Factory 6-spd would be hens teeth in NZ.

Mate, went higher than I wanted it to be. Although, it was definitely in good condition. I do wonder at times if one of the bidders is the owner as well.

If that was a coupe it probably would be taken by now. 

55 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

Great scene hahaha 

3 hours ago, Sammo said:

Great scene hahaha 

It’s more depressing for someone trying to jump in too late 😂

On 3/12/2021 at 9:19 PM, Ghost Chip said:

How long did it take you to clean the boot for that photo?

Boot was never used that I know of. Just kept the factory mats in there!

• Like 1