Sign in to follow this  
duluth

130i Power Windows up and down in increments

Checked the FRM and no codes. Looked in the power windows portion on my scan tool and all the windows are getting power however the 'hall sensors' think that the windows are up when they are down and vice versa. Is this just a matter of coding as the car recently had a new FRM or will I need to replace the whole motor for both windows?

Cheers!

I'm not confident but I suspect the FRM will need to be coded to your car, especially if it came from a car with different options.

Have you tried the reset/relearn procedure with the windows?

It's bizarre that up is down and down is up, nothing is plugged in the wrong way?

18 minutes ago, M3AN said:

I'm not confident but I suspect the FRM will need to be coded to your car, especially if it came from a car with different options.

Have you tried the reset/relearn procedure with the windows?

It's bizarre that up is down and down is up, nothing is plugged in the wrong way?

Yep tried the reset procedure to no avail. I will have a look at the FRM itself and check its plugged in correctly. I suspect it's a matter of coding as the previous owner stated the issue with the windows only happened after the new FRM was installed. Worth noting the PDC doesn't work either so I suspect you are right about the FRM coming from a different specced car. 

Did PDC use to work, before the FRM replacement? If not you need to check the module isn't swimming in water.

But yes, coding the FRM to your car seems the logical next step.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M3AN said:

Did PDC use to work, before the FRM replacement? If not you need to check the module isn't swimming in water.

But yes, coding the FRM to your car seems the logical next step.

Any ideas on where to go for coding ?

14 hours ago, M3AN said:

I'm not confident but I suspect the FRM will need to be coded to your car, especially if it came from a car with different options

FRM definitely needs to be coded to VIN. However I’m not sure that the non functional PDC is related. @promo is your man 

As mentioned by a few others, definitely start with getting the FRM coded to the vehicle and re-initialising the windows.

The unusual reading on your scan tool may be coding related or the scan tool may be misinterpreting the data, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Does the replacement FRM type match the original? (Should be on the casing of the FRM)

@HELLBM can assist with coding if you want someone local.

13 hours ago, duluth said:

Any ideas on where to go for coding ?

If you can find the instructions online I can do it for you... have a power supply and ISTA+ and NCS Expert although I'm not an expert with either so would need a step-by-step guide. It's probably pretty straight forward.

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

If you can find the instructions online I can do it for you... have a power supply and ISTA+ and NCS Expert although I'm not an expert with either so would need a step-by-step guide. It's probably pretty straight forward.

Cheers for that , will look into instructions and get back to you. Working most of the week so will probably be towards the tail end of this week that I can get some more info on the matter. 

• Like 1