Sign in to follow this  
jon dee

Is this for real ???

What happened here ? Drugs ? Reminds me of that old cowboy song... I've never gone to bed with an ugly woman but I've sure woken up with a few :D 

Cheers...

Screenshot_2021-03-06 1487467969 jpg (JPEG Image, 2048 × 1536 pixels) — Scaled (57%).png

Edited by jon dee
Bad screenshot...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome to the 2020 BMW 440i xDrive Coupe M-Performance.

Good luck.

7 hours ago, gjm said:

Welcome to the 2020 BMW 440i xDrive Coupe M-Performance.

Good luck.

Bit of a mouthful requires a big mouth.

The design all makes sense now. 

Car looks like it is going to sniff my cars ass :D 

Cheers...

What a mess, and the grille is only part of the issue. So many redundant lines in the bodywork, the rear arches are out of proportion, the front bumper is all over the place. Ugh, better off with a C-Class or A4.

I think I know where the creative inspiration came from... :D

Cheers...

dog with airscoops 01.png

I speculate that VW and Audi will make great leaps forward in market share based on BMW's most recent design direction.

Bring back Bangle.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

As I've said before, BMW today is only enhancing the value of e39/46...

• Like 1

Yeah, it's fugly everywhere. And it wouldn't surprise me if BMW referred to it as a sedan.

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Yeah, it's fugly everywhere. And it wouldn't surprise me if BMW referred to it as a sedan.

It's definitely a coupe in their marketing, how else will they be able to call a 5 door hatchback a "gran coupe" with a straight face.

Edited by leichtbau

Ahh, now you see, that is where you are mistaken, the 5 door Hatchback is the Gran Tourismo, the Gran Coupe is a 4-door with a boot. :D

• Haha 1

if you place your hand over the screen to block out from windscreen forward it is a 2008 skyline

image.png.3d1773d07b2a9b07861a2b044f7d1e62.png

They were an ugly car too, so that doesnt help 😂

• Like 1

The body changes on the M4 make it a much easier car to look at. In fact I quite like the M4.

18 minutes ago, Herbmiester said:

The body changes on the M4 make it a much easier car to look at. In fact I quite like the M4.

Really?

2021-bmw-m4-coupe-111-1600787953.jpg?cro

🤮

31 minutes ago, Herbmiester said:

Agree, I'm a fan of the M3 and the M4. Certainly wouldn't say no to one

Agree chunky rear arches improve it quite a bit. 

I love the idea of an M3 Touring but an M340i is certainly better to look at from the front. 

Compare an E46 coupe to an E46 M3 - both very handsome cars in their own right, as are the E92 and E92 M3. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the E92 is the best looking 3 series "coupe" ever designed. The F32 is awkward and slab sided in its design language in non F82 M4 guise, the design doesn't become cohesive until the arches are flared and the car is lowered to remove the arch gap - same problem with the G22 to G82 M4, and that's not even delving into the front end.

Edited by leichtbau

Never been a fan of the E92 coupes, the E90 M3 is a far better looking car, as is the E46 M3. Anything after the E9x series just got a bit too busy with too many sharp angles.

Also, I cant help but see the current gen Mustang when looking at the rear quarter of that M4 above.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2021 at 5:06 PM, jon dee said:

I think I know where the creative inspiration came from... :D

Cheers...

dog with airscoops 01.png

The dog looks cute, well cuter than the 440i, the M4 does look better, but that could be because the number plate breaks the grills.

Back when the E60 came out a lot of people hated it, but it's actually aged rather well, better than most others from that era.

It is curious how the grille, being one of the more distinctive features of a car, has gone through several cycles from massive to minimalist. Before aerodynamics became the dominant force in car design, the Rolls Royce grille was one of the most widely recognised automotive styling features in the world. Then when reducing the drag coefficient became a design goal the grille became smaller, and in some cases disappeared altogether in favour of an opening below the bumper.

Now, in a somewhat retrograde step, the grille has once again become an important styling feature with manufacturers competing to see who can create the largest and ugliest combination of "race inspired" grille and cooling ducts at the front of their cars. Audi were at the forefront of the movement and Lexus soon followed. Now ir seems that BMW does not want to miss the boat and its formerly beautiful cars are being disfigured with the 2020 BMW 440i xDrive Coupe M-Performance being a prime example.

I have a 2008 335i E92 and one of the reasons I bought it is that I also consider it to be one of the best looking cars ever made :) Purely subjective of course and everyone will have their own favourite, but I would rather catch a bus that drive something that looks like a caricature from a pre-schooler's book !!! Fashion comes and goes but class is forever :)

Cheers...

1963-studebaker-avanti-r2-front.jpg

Those Studebaker Avantis may not win a beauty pagent but they sell for pretty good coin these days

The R3 version ran 170mph at Bonneville and was claimed to be the world's fastest production car in 1963. I guess it was a kind of last ditch effort by Studebaker and the Avanti probably a bit too radical for the time. Didn't save the company but bonus points for trying something different :)

Cheers...