Sign in to follow this  
slye39

Starter motor help please!!

Hey all. My 2002 525i randomly started having a starter motor issue, has being perfectly fine till now. I got a second hand starter motor and replaced. Got about 5 starts out if it and it's now doing the exact same thing as the first one. Turn key and it just clunks and dash lights go out then come back on. Battery is perfectly fine. Have included a video

There is a fuseable link in the positive battery cable going from the battery to the font of the car. From memory it is located under the rear seat by the R/H wheel arch. Google it.

3 hours ago, *Glenn* said:

There is a fuseable link in the positive battery cable going from the battery to the font of the car. From memory it is located under the rear seat by the R/H wheel arch. Google it.

Cheers mate. Will look into that shortly.

Well I've checked every fuse etc and all cables and links etc all look fine. Pulled the back seat out but cables just continue thru clean as. Can't seem to find any issues myself

Edited by slye39
Updated

You will need to check for voltage drop with a multimeter between the battery and starter and check all the earths as a starting point

20 hours ago, slye39 said:

Battery is perfectly fine

How sure of this are you? Is it new or recently load tested? Bad batteries can show 12V on a multimeter but once you put load on it it can fall on its face. Try another battery to be sure.