Brianr70

Autoport.nz

Never heard of them but that does look pretty handy if I'm ever after something that I can't find in NZ... would be interesting to hear if they're any good. 

They are simply “agents” that take the adverts from Japanese and U.K. dealers, run them through a currency converter and add on their cut.

Risk free for them as they don’t even own the stock and only buy it on your behalf when you commit.

With the exchange rate the way it is at the moment the BMW pricing is way above what you could buy a better car for in NZ.

Not sure about the JDM stuff, even with the exchange rate I would imagine the pricing is still reasonable.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What happened to the post from Autoport themselves? It seemed genuine and helpful.

• Like 2

As per forum rules - Advertising their business on Bimmersport.

They have their own web-site, it’s linked at the start of this thread.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The intent for this and the previous posts is only to correct what you have said about us. Here's the original post...

Hi there, just want to clear up what Autoport.nz do.

We are not just agents - we are full service RMVT so take full responsibility and risk under the CGA. We offer a money back guarantee and prices are set in NZ$ prior to shipping including compliance, WOF, rego and 12 months MBI (non performance cars). Also have a wide range with 10k cars and have brought in plenty of hard to find cars.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1