Sign in to follow this  
qube

Chris Harris New M3 G80

OMG, it even looks terrible going fast.

The man seems more interested in flogging the crap out of someone else's expensive car and showcasing his drifting skills than he is in making a balanced review of the all round qualities of the car. Just guessing here, but even though this car is capable of competition use, I don't know that many owners will be abusing it in the manner shown. Reminds me of the ego tripping on the old Top Gear show...

Cheers...

Edited by jon dee
Memory lapse...
  • Like 1

Reviews are very positive on the handling. It seems the extra weight has really been hidden by some magic chassis and suspension work... he's not the only reviewer to remark that it felt like an AWD at first due to the traction. I guess at a certain point, weight helps the tyres grip the road.

Still not sure I can accept that face, and the lack of DCT. Even though the ZF8 sounds like an excellent transmission, the DCT just has that extra fun factor IMO...

Edited by Matth5

Is it just me or does it sound like a V6?

Go to around the 3:30 mark.  Listen.  Not a smooth L6 sound at all.

Silly new EU rules around exhaust noises I believe, even in sports mode with the muffler flaps wide open it is nowhere near as loud as earlier models. Might also be a particulate filter in the exhaust system as well, I haven't checked that tbh.

Not a bad noise, but also not too obnoxious either. For a factory tune / exhaust system it's pretty good, the M Performance / after market tuners should be able to crank it up another notch or two.