Sign in to follow this  
Kodachrome

Any interest in a 2010 X5M?

Half toying with trading it in, but the trade in offer I got from the place that had the car I wanted was terrible. Two other dealers actually offered competitive valuations but they don't have what I wanted any longer. 

This is a NZ new, full spec 550hp "M" car.. Similar engine to the M5 and M6. 2010 model, about 147k on the clock. 

This vehicle is in excellent condition with loads of important service items recently undertaken. Way back when from new it was specced up and given to Brendan McCullum.

Personalised plate (X5 ///M) is provided.

Lots of features :

• Panoramic sunroof
  • Selectable M mode (in addition to Sport mode), giving more power/response, stiffer suspension, stiff steering, opens up the quad tip exhausts etc
  • Heads up display
  • Reversing camera and parking assist
  • Keyless entry
  • Push button start
  • Built in hard drive for the stereo as well as Bluetooth for phone
  • Latest BMW NZ 2020 Sat Nav maps
  • Heated, memory seats. Fully adjustable, they 'hug' you while driving.
  • Auto lights (inc. auto dip) and wipers
  • Rubber bootliner
  • As well as all the normal stuff you would expect like tow bar (removable, with key), black leather interior, air conditioning, cruise control, etc

Engine has had the problem parts replaced with revised genuine BMW parts to ensure the same failure does not reoccur prematurely.

Full overhaul including: 

• Timing chain and tensioners
  • Oil pump chain
  • Valve stem seals
  • 4 cam sensors
  • 4 VANOS solenoids Water pump
  • Thermostat Associated gaskets and seals
  • Spark plugs
  • Auxiliary water pump and reservoir
  • I've also put 4 new Nexan Performance tires on it, and full alignment;  the only really expensive regular service item checked off for the new owner for quote a while!

Full Build sheet attached.

Wants for nothing, get in and drive.  Offers around $30k? 

IMG_20200912_163631.jpg

Front 3 quarter lens flare.jpg

Front Sunshine.jpg

Rear Smaller.jpg

Side in front of house.jpg

BMW E70 X5 M 2010 Silverstone 2 metallic (A29) Leather _Merino__schwarz (LKSW) - WBSGY02060LH67396.pdf

Edited by Kodachrome
  • Like 6

I loved driving these when they were brand new, such a hilarious tonka truck to hustle quickly.

Sharp pricing as well, someone will quickly work out the man-maths required and own it at 30K I should think.

Hmmm... could be tempted :)  

It would need to be my daily driver I suppose - I'd have to then let go of my E53 and 335i...

I will think on this!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

It would need to be my daily driver I suppose - I'd have to then let go of my E53 and 335i...

I will think on this!

This would be an epic replacement for the E53, heck you could probably even sell the E60 M5 and consolidate down to two cars, the F30 335 and this beast SUV.

3 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

I will think on this!

Do indeed! It's split duties as our daily, with the e28 (well, that's off getting an engine swap so this it for now)! 

What sort of rule consumption do you get when daily driven, both in a sensible and not so manner :)

47 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

What sort of rule consumption do you get when daily driven, both in a sensible and not so manner :)

It claims 17L/100km consumption right now on the dash, but I've seen it higher. This is almost completely low speeds + brisk acceleration around Wellington, so it couldnt get worse as a fuel economy torture test. Driving out of the city, its much lower, maybe like 11L/100KM or something combined.  Fun Fact, as an M Car it doesnt even have a Fuel Economy Guage, it has the race like Oil Temp Guage. Its also got a "Track Driving" section in the user manual complete with semi-secret Chequered Flag on dash for actual built in Launch Control!  Ive actually never used it, maybe I should test before I sell.  Its a super fun car. 

Edited by Kodachrome
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kodachrome said:

It claims 17L/100km consumption right now on the dash, but I've seen it higher. This is almost completely low speeds + brisk acceleration around Wellington, so it couldnt get worse as a fuel economy torture test. 

There ya go @TermiPeteNZ, it's the economy DD against your e60!  If I try hard in the 545i I can 17 around town 😎

• Haha 1

First rule of S85 is that we do not talk about fuel economy 

Second rule of S85 is... we do not talk about fuel economy!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, balancerider said:

@Olaf I'm not sure there's anything worse than an S85 V10 for fuel economy...

Average showing 16.7l/100km at the mo after being away at the BMW Club National Meet near Taupo :) 

335i DD is showing 10.9 average and the X5 4.4i sits around 15.6 - both urban use figures.

31 minutes ago, balancerider said:

Or rod bearings...or vanos...

Bearings - done ; Vanos line - done! :) 

In no way shape or form does adding X5 M really make sense - but ... life is short so fun matters!

• Like 3

On 3/23/2021 at 11:08 PM, Kodachrome said:

Any interest or offers on the X5M?

I'd love to Alan, but after reviewing my E53 expenditure(!) since 2016, I need to stick with it and enjoy it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No worries! If anyone else wants to make an offer, let me know.   Car is good to go, just put in new Xenon bulbs.

Forgot to update, dropped the price in line with general E70 X5 prices, asking $30k Ono. 

Edited by Kodachrome
  • Like 1