Sign in to follow this  
Blackie

Short shifter - E36

Hi,

Currently watching this on tm and thinking it's probably the best option for price v practicality.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/gear-boxes/listing/3016076062?rsqid=c651d4df33744651ad8b5bd3e2fd4706-001&bof=C0e5mxmU

In my other car I have the typical Chinese design that is held in place with a circlip and it sucks. It has feeplay while in gear and the circlip can be dislodged with a good tug upwards on the gearstick - for example when removing the gearknob.

Then there is the floormounted options but I think these are a bit overkill for what I want. (yes appreciate there are cheap replicas flooding aliexpress)

Just thought before I buy, would see if anyone has anything kicking around they no longer need.

Cheers,

Hayden

I would think it could be worth a go - very basic, but end of the day its a simple piece.

I bought this one from Speedfactor, essentially because it was dual adjustable (although that meant I installed it about 8 bloody times adjusting it haha).

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/accessories/listing/3010812988?bof=LhaRnEJ1

I feel like its become sloppier really quickly though (2 months or less) but I didn't loctite the adjustment threads so will have a look and reinstall.

I'm sure you are aware of the BM Speedshop NZ Made floor mounted ones that people seem to love but yeah, could be extremely notchy.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sammo said:

I'm sure you are aware of the BM Speedshop NZ Made floor mounted ones that people seem to love but yeah, could be extremely notchy.

Thanks - I wasn't aware of that outfit. I should have also mentioned I don't want to look like Ken Block. Perhaps a bit over-engineered for what I'm after. Lots of designs similar to this have popped up on Aliexpress lately. Dubious quality, with a few reported breakages but for $30 you get what you pay for. I assume some purchasers have been pretty hard on them too (drifting, etc). A threaded gearknob would be a big plus!

pm sent... looks like the mods have removed my reply for no reason at all 🙄

• Like 2

That's a bit sh*t. It's a wanted ad but I thought i'd made it clear that I was happy to hear any suggestions etc for what to get and from where. I thought that was the point of the forum?

• Like 3

Looks like both Arron and Blackie need to take a look at the forum rules.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1