Sign in to follow this  
tire

For sale: E39 540i Motorsport write-off, $1,500, Wgtn

Hi all

My E39 has been written off by a minor in a stolen Nissan Safari.

Vero has offered me the wreck for $1,500, which I actually thought was quite steep. Anyway I just thought I'd see if anyone from the Bimmersport community wants it first? Let me know by this Sunday 21 March via PM.

• The only panels not damaged by the hit are the front bumper, LR door, LR quarter and boot.
  • The RR wheel has been toed in too, so there's something bent back there.
  • The M60B44 had not had its timing chains done and was idling rough when cold due to a suspected faulty vanos unit or two. But once warmed up it hummed along nicely. The gearbox was a little whiney when warm. It moved through the forward gears well but would be slow to engage reverse.
  • Had the seat twist issue.

Can't think of any other issues. No leaks. Just wof-ed a month prior to the hit.

The wreck will need to be collected from Ngauranga.

Thread on the vehicle: 

IMG_9432.jpg

IMG_9438.jpg

IMG_9439.jpg

IMG_9447.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

Sorry to hear that man - hope you had a reasonable payout with your insurer at least.

Yea Sedgwick did a good job of the market value assessment. They ended up landing on a number very close to what I paid for it. They've assessed two other cards for me/Vero in the last two years and always been fair.

It'd be nice to see as much of the car re-used as possible. To keep others alive. Rather than getting trashed at pick-a-part. I'd part it myself but haven't the space or time.

• Like 1

Sorry no it went a while ago.