Sign in to follow this  
steven-delacy

Looking to acquire a e36 coupe.

Heya,

New to the forum but thought it might a good place to finding an e36 coupe.
Preferably manual but alternately it doesn't matter as I would be planning a manual swap.

Cheers,
Steven

On 3/26/2021 at 11:04 AM, qube said:

Thanks Kyu. Yep I will be selling this, let me know if you are interested.

• Like 1

Having done a few E36 manual swaps I'd be recommending you find a decent factory manual or one already coverted with everything feeling solid and sorted. The costs can run quite high for the swap and parts are getting harder to find. The 'manual kits' I see on trademe typically run around 2k for an unknown milage four cylinder setup, but are just a starting point really (you'll still need to invest to get them up to standard). I usually budget around 4k for a manual swap (more if it's a known low milage ZF) which is probably money better spent towards a nicer car.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackie said:

Having done a few E36 manual swaps I'd be recommending you find a decent factory manual or one already coverted with everything feeling solid and sorted. The costs can run quite high for the swap and parts are getting harder to find. The 'manual kits' I see on trademe typically run around 2k for an unknown milage four cylinder setup, but are just a starting point really (you'll still need to invest to get them up to standard). I usually budget around 4k for a manual swap (more if it's a known low milage ZF) which is probably money better spent towards a nicer car.

This dude speaks the truth. Unless you get a real minter auto that has all the exact spec you want otherwise, its just not that worth it.

There are things you forget when converting to manual, like tuning the ECU to kill the rev hang, or swapping the diff so you dont end up revving the nuts off it at 100kph. Not to mention all the consumables, bushes, etc.

• Like 2