Sign in to follow this  
BMWBob

love a E34 5 series

Hi all, 

New to these parts, but have owned a E34 93 540iA in Alpine White since 2012, drove it as my daily until the start of 2020. Was costing to much to get my son to football trainings, lol. But in saying that I have just recently bought another E34, but a 96 540iA, and yep in Alpine white, lol. Hey just cant help myself, just love a E34 in white. Yes was on trade me. My 93 had 289km when i got it, really drove it, my son and I would often head to the snow, what a great 4 and half hour drive that is. Well sometimes a little quicker. Remember giving a Q7 a good run back to Auckland one time. Now it has around 380km and still kicking strong, about 15k also helped keep her maintained as a daily. Just about to get heater core done and 2nd radiator, and then finally panel n paint. Yeah this car isn't going anywhere, my son already taking ownership, cant blame him, he grew up in it., loves the thing as just as much as I do.  

Now I have the two, the 96, I will keep it how it is since it has the lower kms at (146) and is in pretty original condition body wise, hell, still has the BMW torch in the glove box. Will change mags to a nice set of BBS's I have. Then this gives me the opportunity to body kit the 93 out, should be ready for pics in about 6 months time. Look forward to sharing. 

I just love the idea of having a stock looking and a modified looking E34 540iA, but now this leaves me with the question,  do I need to buy a E34 540iS?  why yes I do. 

Seriously, if ones up for sale. 

Did someone say E34 M5! Hahahaha, I wish, cant afford that dream. But def keen on the 540iS. 

Peace n all that 

• Like 4

Welcome, there is a lot of love for the 540i on these forums. Pics of these 5ers would be great!

• Like 1

Thanks Jon, I bet there is! ok here is a pic of my 93 about 4yrs back down the mountain, needs a little minor front bumper work at the moment. 1st two are the 93, next two are of the 96 I just picked up, just waiting on it being shipped up from Dunedin. 93 has 18's on it now, will put theses 17's BSS's on the 96 when she arrives. Will add better pics once 93 is finished and have them both out in the glorious sun! 

mY 540Ia.jpg

my 540ia 93.jpg

20210401_130939.jpg

20210401_131005.jpg

• Like 3

I can't say I'm a fan of those wheel on the Dunedin car, but it looked to be a tidy example when on TM. 

Another E34 listed today for a decent price and what looks to be in above average condition. I can't get over the value of these.

Its not 540i6 or M5 but I'm looking at offloading my E34 535iS if that may interest you...

I hear ya regarding the mags on the 96, hence why I am putting the BBS's which you see on the 93 onto the 96. 93 now rides on 18's chrome deep dish with black spoked centers. Thought the same thing though regarding how tidy it is, just couldnt pass it up for the money. When I brought my 93 in 2012, I got it for 3750, lol. Have to agree, they are very much value for money, but parts are slowly starting to be harder to find. 

Yeah seen that one on TM listed today, one could hardly complain about the price, bloody steal imo for what one is getting. 

Mate dont tempt me on your E34 535iS, they are a beautiful car, but for me it would have to be after a 540iS, by then I might be priced out of the market.