Sign in to follow this  
qube

Mini Key Fob Help - ICOM A1/A2

So, the remote locking/unlocking function on our key fob has decided to stop working for our Gen 2 Mini (R55).

I have already replaced the battery in it and it worked perfectly after that for a while and since then the car has been off the road for a couple weeks getting some work done (car battery disconnected for a while during this time) and since then it hasnt worked.

Does someone have the ICOM tool and software and knowledge to try diagnose/fix this issue for me? Dealers want an inspection fee and might try to tell me the receiver is faulty and take my arm as payment..

Thanks!

hiya, 

if you were based in wellington i could of helped :). go see a locksmith, they should be able to check if your key is emitting a frequency first. R55 have cas module and generally paired during key programming. so its odd remoting locking is not working. if the key is not starting the vehicle then its just a cas to dme sync using most scan tools.