Sign in to follow this  
Camberley

Car cover recommendations

My e38 lives in one side of our 4 car garage (original owner was an architect with a love of Alfas , Fiats etc and so really a large 2 car garage!!) but dust still accumulates over the time it is waiting for an outing!

What suggestions do folks have for an indoor cover that is kind to the finish and is dustproof?

Given the length, just over 5m, it will obviously have to be available in an XL size I guess?

Look forward to thoughts.

Thanks

RB Solutions in Christchurch stock the autotechnica (Aussie brand stitched in China) indoor covers. 

email sales@rbsolutions.co.nz or tel 03 337 0746. They have a trade me presence too I think.

We bought a couple of covers the fit and finish is excellent.

No affiliation other than a satisfied customer

If it's going to be inside and not blown around you can also use some polystyrene wrapped in terrycloth or microfibre as standoffs on the horizontal surfaces to allow for a little breathability which is good for humidity control and moisture release. A lot of indoor covers aren't breathable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandit said:

RB Solutions in Christchurch

@Banditthanks for that.  I have had a look at their info online and they have several types.  Are you talking about the show covers with the stripe, as that's the type I was thinking of?

Yes, we bought two of those. Always been against car covers for the reasons Dave mentions above, but certainly the number of these sold to serious car guys with both fast road and race cars warranted a closer look. Like you we suffer a bit of a dust problem, coupled with little use over time. These ticked all the boxes. About the same cost as a couple of double bed sheets stitched together, but a bit more elegant, function over form sorta thing.

• Like 1