Sign in to follow this  
Contrails

White E28 M535i

On 4/24/2021 at 8:33 AM, Eagle said:

Doubt many E34 M5's are going for 6 figures, possibly a 3.8 touring etc or some immaculate special edition maybe. 30-40k is what they appeared to be selling in previous few years. 

The last 3.8 for sale was up at $70K, no chance you're getting one for less than six figures now.

Last E34 M5 I recall for sale was a white ZA assembled 3.6 (IIRC) one in ChCh about 5 years ago. It sold for around $27k.  I was very interested but it seemed too much... not so anymore.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 8:30 PM, coop said:

Not very valid comparisons. 

If they were, older cars would be dirt cheap because they fall short to newer models across the board. 

Why would someone drop 6 figures on a Valiant Charger when they can get a 700hp Hellcat with air con and all the latest features. 

Why would someone spend $100k on a 930 911 when they could get a 996 Turbo for the same price etc. 

I'd be surprised if even a handful of buyers would genuinely cross shop this with an E60 or F10. 

When was the last time an E34 (or E39) M5 were publicly listed for sale?  Not as if theres an over supply of them.  

The way I see it is the asking price is consistent with the increase in values of all decent models from various maker up to the early 2000s. 

Ten years ago you could pick up a Intergra Type R DC2 for $7k. Now the cheapest one on TM is $28k.

I could list dozens of vehicles who've seen their prices increase by hundreds of percent over the last decade. Its all relative. The red E30 M325i currently with reserve met is proof of this. 

I owned 7 dc2 ITRS and I am now kicking myself selling them at 9 to 11k lol 

• Like 1

Yep a DC2 Type R is the one that I have a massive emotional attachment with. Have had 5 of them and I just know now that when I'm in a position to get another one I'd happily pay ridiculous money for it. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, topnotchrally said:

Last E34 M5 I recall for sale was a white ZA assembled 3.6 (IIRC) one in ChCh about 5 years ago. It sold for around $27k.  I was very interested but it seemed too much... not so anymore.

Low KM 3.6 on eBay. Over 100k nzd

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-BMW-M5-/203346359234?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286