Sign in to follow this  
Kam

After market central locking

I have been trying to tackle my remote central locking.

Remote key gives off a signal.

Diversity Antenna is not receiving signal.

Checked wiring in the latch area. All seems good

The fm stereo works fine.

My plan is to bypass the diversity antenna and fit an after market remote.

I can still lock and unlock the car using the key in the drivers door. So its not urgent but would like to fix it.

I have searched for a replacement diversity however no joy. A new one would have to come from abroad and cost in total nearly$1200

There must be a work around. I had an auto electrician patch into the body control module. When the remote was activated only the rear doors locked and unlocked. Any ideas.

Sometimes the broken wires are further inside the car and you need to drop the roof lining down to find/repair them

Have you looked on Ebay? Second hand ones don't cost much.  Just make sure you get one thats the same frequency as the one in your car depending on the country of origin.

Thanks for the replies. It looks like the wiring has been tackled before. I haven't gone further into the roof line. Could try that. I have been unsuccessful finding a diversity antenna with the same part number.

16 hours ago, Kam said:

Thanks for the replies. It looks like the wiring has been tackled before. I haven't gone further into the roof line. Could try that. I have been unsuccessful finding a diversity antenna with the same part number.

What is the part number on your unit?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/exterior/listing/3073041811

Have you tried this wrecker? 

It's very rarely the antenna diversity though, so I'd be looking very closely at that wiring. Or maybe take it to the dealer or a good Indy who knows BMWs. The proper way to diagnose this fault is with an oscilloscope, and you have to know which wires to check with the oscilloscope. Most garages or Auto Sparkies won't have any knowledge of this.

Edited by F30N20