Vegadog

Software updates on Japanese imported cars from BMW website on USB

I was wondering about software updates on a F45 imported car from Japan.

On the BMW website it shows there is an update available - would that update be a Japanese version?

Also when the car shops fix the maps in your car for NEW Zealand do they replace any hardware as they also mentioned something about the Radio extender.

Complete noob here with a New BMW 

hiya, 

i see you;re based in wellington. its very easy and no hardware swap is required. only coding and map update. If you need it done i can do it for you. 

• Like 1

The Shop where I purchased the car have given me New Zealand maps and fixed the Radio, Yet I am unable to use the BMW Apps because the car is registered in Japan.

Also since they did the software I have to hold down the Lock button to fold my mirrors where before as I locked the car the mirrors woudl fold, cant find any option in menu under settings to resolve this.

Any ideas would be awesome.

And thanks for offer to resolve my issue, I was wondering If I would be able to do updates  from BMW or not really.

Thanks 

TBH you would be far better off talking to Pramod about the issues than BMW Wellington.
He is far more knowledgeable than any of the techs they have at BMW.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Vegadog said:

Yet I am unable to use the BMW Apps because the car is registered in Japan.

Which version of apps are you trying to use, the existing “BMW Connected” app is about to be discontinued, there is a new “My BMW” which I believe allows you to change the location, ie the country you are in.

For remote updates you would need to be connected on the app, but I’m not sure if you would have any updates available as they are released by chassis number.

I have downloaded both apps and neither of them work when I use the VIN number it states it needs to be transferred and when I click continue it fails.

The update is on BMW for the Chassis number, I am just worried it will update it back to Japanese or does it look at the current configuration and then update accordingly 

Look forward to the responses

@Gaz had info that BMW had stopped swapping countries for ConnectedDrive subscriptions I believe (though that was a while ago). You could try completing the following form and emailing to BMW NZ (that's what I did for mine a couple of years ago - UK import though). Agree @promo is a great resource for the coding side of things, but not sure if he could help you with this as will require back-end input on BMW servers.

change-owner-form.pdf

Just wanna say thanks to everyone for the help on this, this is an awesome group to be a part of.

Can confirm that BMW no longer do Connected Drive region changes. Had a discussion with CD Customer Care about that this week. It’s only taken BMW 2 years to transfer the connected drive on our X5 to my CD portal, and it’s actually quite useless since the remote services like locking etc only work maybe once every 5 tries RTTI is no longer available. 

On 4/20/2021 at 8:41 PM, promo said:

hiya, 

i see you;re based in wellington. its very easy and no hardware swap is required. only coding and map update. If you need it done i can do it for you. 

Hi @promo,

I am Wellington based. I have got my 330E G20 recently imported from Japan and would like the region/maps updated to NZ. Please let me know if you could help, thanks.

Arun

anyone in Auckland able to do software updates on a 2014 Jap import f30 320d? Need maps converted to nz maps and radio as well please and thank you guys