Sign in to follow this  
Deffed

M54b30 rebuild

Recommendations for mid ranged priced rebuild kits for m54b30,bearings, rods  pistons. Normal aspiration to start but,turbo/super charged future. All info is good info,preferably NZ suppliers. 

14 hours ago, Deffed said:

Recommendations for mid ranged priced rebuild kits for m54b30,bearings, rods  pistons. Normal aspiration to start but,turbo/super charged future. All info is good info,preferably NZ suppliers. 

Hi,

https://www.speedfactor.co.nz/bmw-motorsport-performance-parts/bmw-engine-components/

These guys in Tauranga sell performance parts if you are wanting someone in NZ. 
I needed rods for my n54 but they would only sell rod with pistons as a set. I think they only had 1 pair which I guess is fair...

Ended up just getting bearings/rods/pistons etc from Ebay. 

https://fcp-engineering.com/en/132-bmw has pretty well priced rods (compared to carrillo).
Not sure if anything for M54 but I believe S52 rods work?? not 100% sure though. 

If you are wanting to make a solid engine there are a couple guides. I can't remember the exact configuration, but I looked into it when I used my 330i. (ended up just getting an 335i n54)
I think it was you want the Iron block forn an old m50b28 and the head from m54b30 or something like that.  

1 hour ago, Ninjaspartan said:

Hi,

https://www.speedfactor.co.nz/bmw-motorsport-performance-parts/bmw-engine-components/

These guys in Tauranga sell performance parts if you are wanting someone in NZ. 
I needed rods for my n54 but they would only sell rod with pistons as a set. I think they only had 1 pair which I guess is fair...

Ended up just getting bearings/rods/pistons etc from Ebay. 

https://fcp-engineering.com/en/132-bmw has pretty well priced rods (compared to carrillo).
Not sure if anything for M54 but I believe S52 rods work?? not 100% sure though. 

If you are wanting to make a solid engine there are a couple guides. I can't remember the exact configuration, but I looked into it when I used my 330i. (ended up just getting an 335i n54)
I think it was you want the Iron block forn an old m50b28 and the head from m54b30 or something like that.  

Haya mate cheers for the info,i had those guys in tauranga in mind too,seems there bout the best bet,il probly be doing the whole short block,try get compression up a bit cams,got guy here in Christchurch doing cams for my V8 he says the vanos cams are a bit tricky so will probly get cams from the aswell was looking at schiekmotor sport in Germany they have vanoa cams 10.9 2,1 for €790.Thats pritty resonable i thought.

What are you trying to achieve? 

And what sort of budget do you have? 

Performance and knowledge on how to get performance, budget depends on whats out there and at what price,im rebuilding a m54b30,want to increase compression, get the rpms up,people say you cant get much performance out of ITBs,big cams,thats what i want to use,fuel in big bang exhaust out as fast as possible.

On 4/26/2021 at 4:33 AM, Deffed said:

Performance and knowledge on how to get performance, budget depends on whats out there and at what price,im rebuilding a m54b30,want to increase compression, get the rpms up,people say you cant get much performance out of ITBs,big cams,thats what i want to use,fuel in big bang exhaust out as fast as possible.

Have you considered the forced induction route? I wouldn't say there is a lot to gain in the form of tuning from the M54b30. Even with all the mods, the most I would estimate about 265hp maybe a bit more for the higher redline. 

But if you are wanting to stick with the m54 then go for it! 

Not sure what the prices are for s54's of s52's these days but that could be a more cost effective way?

• Like 1

I want to use my m54 to design my owm parts. In let flanges,headers,different cam grinds, 3d print custom velocity stacks orher things, then build m60b40 v8 to put in other 46.

• Like 1