Sign in to follow this  
Globe

Newbie looking at 3 series M sport

Time to get rid of the land rover. After a wagon but still with a bit of get up and go if needed. Saw this on TM, would this be a good deal (or something along these lines). I know nothing about these cars truth be told. Cheers

2011 325i Msport, 3L facelift, 63,000kms, $18k

all advice welcomed. Cheers

Nice wagons, especially in LCI / Facelift which a 2011 will be.

the N52 engine is very reliable too by BMW standards.

$18k sounds like quite a bit however, although you would be paying for the low kms.

if you’re feeling more dangerous (more power, more maintenance), you could easily get a nice 335i wagon for that money.

And if you get it from a dealer and leave it stock, a mechanical warranty will be money well spent.

Given your budget surely you’d want to look at Audi wagons from the same year(s) - Honestly, I have no idea about Audi vs BMW reliability but you seem to get a lot more car for the dollar. You could probably even get a diesel, or you are close to F11 5 series if you want to compromise on the mileage.

• Confused 1

Size wise, would the 3 series be similar to a Mazda 6 (as an example) or would the 5 be a better comparison size ? Thanks

The 5 series E60/E61 would be the right size equivalent to a mazda6

7 hours ago, Globe said:

Time to get rid of the land rover. After a wagon but still with a bit of get up and go if needed. Saw this on TM, would this be a good deal (or something along these lines). I know nothing about these cars truth be told. Cheers

2011 325i Msport, 3L facelift, 63,000kms, $18k

all advice welcomed. Cheers

Try to find an LCI E91 320d. N53 in the 325i has multiple expensive failure modes (coils / NOX sensors). There was an f11 530d for not much more money (though 140k km) that would also be good

17 minutes ago, balancerider said:

There was an f11 530d for not much more money (though 140k km) that would also be good

Do you have a link?

24 minutes ago, Globe said:

LCI? Sorry not sure what this means

Sorry BMW-speak for facelift (2009-2012) for that generation 3 series

10 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Do you have a link?

Must have sold, was a UK import (carbon black over saddle brown interior with quite a good spec incl adaptive cruise control)

• Thanks 1